Superman Returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman Returns

The Man of Steel returns this summer. Check this out.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Superman Returns Teaser

Hmm, art deco building. I likes. My friend doesn't likes, though. He's been whining about it all day. The good thing is that I never read any comics other than The New Teen Titans so I don't have to worry about that kind of super technical stuff.
    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

I saw the preview when it showed before Harry Porter and the Goblet of Fire during Thanksgiving. Have to wait until June 2006 to see this movie.

Comment

Did ya notice how they still used Brando's voiceover....kinda cool
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

The Apple Movie Trailer site has a second Superman trailer. I haven't been going to movies latey (last week's The DaVinci Code was the first time in 4 months that I have been inside a theatre) so I don't know if this trailer is being shown or not.

I don't know which HawaiiThread user has their signature with Superman being able to deflect bullets off his chest but ducks when the bad guys throws guns at him but I think about this during this scene in the trailer:

In an attempt to a rescue a burning plane that is crashing, he tries save it by holding on to the right wing, that wing breaks off and the plane is spinning with him behind of it trying to catch up to it. The left wing breaks off and is about to hit him. He put his head down while is about to collide with the wing.

Comment

Both Noel Neill and Jack Larson from the original 1950s series appear in this movie. I may have to see it just for that!

Comment

Re: Superman Returns

The new Superman Returns trailer was shown during the movie Poseidon.

Comment

Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor? I might see this one just for that.

And because the scenario -- Superman returns to find Lois Lane a single mom -- is so far outside of the well-tread mythology of Superman that it'll either be pure genius, or an absolute disaster.

Comment

Aren't people bored with these lame comic book themed movies yet?

Comment

Nope. Given that comic books have a wide range of a superhero characters and there are 2 major companies that produce comic books you are going to have at least 2 superhero themed movies a year plus a parody of genre just to make it interesting.

Comment

Even through this movie is scheduled to be open on Wednesday June 28, somehow most of the theaters in Hawaii will be showing Superman Returns tonight (Tuesday) at 10:00 pm.

Comment

Saw the 10:15 pm showing of Superman Returns at Ward Theater on Tuesday night.

First of I have to say I am kind of biased towards Superman in general since I used to read the comics and have seen the movies and a good portion of the TV series except Smallville (nothing against it).

This movie is more or less a sequel to the first two Superman movies. Some things get mention that make references to either movie like saying "flying is the safest way to travel" to a group of people in a jet who's wings have broken off during an accident.

The effects for the super feats were great. There where some plot holes in the movie like in the comics Krypton explodes, in this movie Krypton's sun explodes first, in the first Superman movie Krypton explodes first and then the sun.

Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor basically has the same motivation as Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor, land! Or better yet beach front land! And this time around it's not stealing a 500 megaton nuke missile to do the dirty work but rather stuff from Krypton plus more competened henchmen.

It was an enjoyable movie to watch and I think I will see it again at least one more time.
                        Last edited by helen; June 28, 2006, 02:43 AM.

Comment

I read today Roger Ebert's review of Superman Returns. He gave it two stars.
                          It didn't seem he was really impressed by the movie.
                          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                          The Kona Blog

Comment

I wasn't especially impressed, but I did enjoy it. It always annoys me, though, when movies treat their audiences like bozos. (non-spoiler stuff coming up, in case you're worried).

First of all, why do things in space always make these fearsome sounds? The opening sequence is crazy with explosions and whatever, but it's all in space. In a way, wouldn't that be more impressive, to see them happen but not hear them?

Secondly, if I have a bathtub full of water and sediment (rough day at work), if I gather up that sediment and stick it together at one end of the bathtub, the water level does not rise.

I know we're not all science people here, but a movie that doesn't try to pull this on us expects us to be smart, and that always pays off with a film. I'm kinda irritated by that.

I can't compare this film to any other incarnations of Superman except the guy on The Superfriends, so I have nothing to go on for people who are Superman fans. All I can say is that I was entertained except for about fifteen minutes near the beginning when I took a lovely, air-conditioned nap (rough day at work).
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

You slept through the starting credits?

Comment

Working...
                              X