Return of the Hammer of the Gods - Led Zepp for our Troops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of the Hammer of the Gods - Led Zepp for our Troops

hey, kids... just poppin' in here a minute to offer this tidbit of news...

The Return of the Hammer of the Gods.

Because of the amazing response and fabulous turnout last year at the Live Led Zeppelin tribute concert, Led Zepplica returns for the "Stairway to Heaven Encore Event" at the Pipeline cafe on Jan 14, 2006, Saturday nite!

Treat yourself and your friends to the incredible Led Zeppelin experience.
    But it's not just 4 hours of great live rock music!
    It is a live rock concert recorded for posterity onto CD for our guys and gals in the Military!

Led Zep for our Troops

I talked with Lenny, who does the Jimmy Page part in Led Zepplica, and he was eager to tell me about their support of our troops and the upcoming event:

"So many of our island friends in the military have conveyed their love for classic rock and Led Zepp, but they are unable to attend due to deployment in Afghanistan or Iraq. Their loved ones also have also lamented their mates not being able to attend because of these assignments."

I replied, "yea, Lenny, our local military stationed and living in our islands love classic rock as much as "civilian" fans do... But how are you going to help them?"

"Well, we would love to dedicate each song we perform to a division or unit whose name is supplied to us prior to the show. For those heroes lost in action, individual names along with their division will be acknowledged.
    The Live Led Zepplica concert on Jan. 14 2006 will be recorded and the resulting live Rock Concert cd will be made available to everyone who requested these dedications."

wow. that's pretty cool.
    So; if you like classic rock, if you love Led Zepp, if you missed them "back in the day"... if you weren't even around back in they day, come on down to the Pipeline on Jan 14. 2006 and be a part of a live CD rock concert recording and experience what it was like to attend a Led Zeppelin early 1970's live rock concert for yourself!

On August 19, 2005 Led Zepplica performed at the Pipeline Cafe in Hawaii to a packed house of crazed Led Zeppelin fans. The show was such a success, that the very next day, management gave Zepplica a return date. For a scoop on what transpired, a local site was created by Kimo, http://www.tikitv.com/zepphawaii.html Led Zepplica in
    Hawaii.

Re: Return of the Hammer of the Gods - Led Zepp for our Troops

Thanks for the info Kimo....What better for the troop than Rock n' Roll
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

This sounds choice!
      I love Zeppelin and missed them "back in the day", so I'll try and make it. Thanks Kimo for the heads up and welcome back. Sorry for freaking out previously. I'm okay now... I took my meds. Much Aloha, Menehune Man
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Ledd Zep's return is one thing

BUT!

Kimo's return is even better news!!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

i can think of no better reason for bruddah kimo to return than a Zepplin gig...i'm gonna need tickets, man...
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Do we go get tickets in advance? Is that how it works or do we just show up at the door? I just gotta know, man!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
              Do we go get tickets in advance? Is that how it works or do we just show up at the door? I just gotta know, man!
              You can show up at the door or buy in advance...
              please see this link for more details.
              http://www.hawaiithreads.com/calenda...=2006-1-14&c=1

thank you for your support!

Comment

I went out to Wahiawa today for friend's wedding rehearsal. Stopping by Rosa's Ice Tee hoping to pick up tickets. Alas, they don't have them yet. Got the "Biker Build off" ones though. The bartender said they should get them since they sold Led Zepplica tickets last time. Next stop tomarrow? Hawaii's Natural High, of course! Gotta get me some tickets

Comment

... Got the "Biker Build off" ones though.
                  how did you like that event?

Comment

new developments: it is confirmed... not only will this Live Led Zepp Music event be recorded on CD, the concert will also be digitally videotaped/filmed for posterity and a DVD will be edited and produced and disseminated to the aforementioned Military personnel. woweee.

Comment

Stopping by Rosa's Ice Tee hoping to pick up tickets. Alas, they don't have them yet. Got the "Biker Build off" ones though.
                      Sorry, I misworded my post. I didn't get tickets for the "Biker Build Off", just tried to say that Rosa's had them. I love Harleys though!

Comment

Sorry, I misworded my post. I didn't get tickets for the "Biker Build Off", just tried to say that Rosa's had them. I love Harleys though!
                        Thot ya may have gone. It kicked righteous ass, tho, so ya missed a grand ol time. . Lotta cool overbuilt overglitzy bikes that look as if ya need a chiropractor after half hour on one o those things. The real show was out in the parking lot and sidewalks; hundreds of very cool bikes. the practical ones, that reg. folks ride. and many old skool choppers. The stuff inside was the new TV stuff.
                        Lotta vendors, good music, "big dog" played and "analog" did too. Analog got up onstage and i thot; ok, young kids' angst grunge rock. boy was i wrong. the lead singer was every bit as good as anything ya see onstage anywhere here, the guitarist shreded like the best of em. They launched into a doors song and it was VERY good.
                        Then every song they did after was just better than the last. Lotta good renditions of hard rock, classic rock faves as well. for as young as they seem to be, they took command of the material very well.
                        Good to see Joe Galisa, Robbie Watland and Ted Among from SLUG there. Joe and Ted do the bass and guitar for Big Dog, who did classic rock. Woulda liked the singer's part better if he just refrained from spitting in front of the stage onto the lawn, toward the audience, mid-performance.

was there all day doing promo for Pipeline and Zepplica. Passed out flyers to damn near each and every one of the somewherez near 2000 people there.

Comment

Yeah, I know I missed it. But... I was the "Best Man" at my buddy's wedding and his new wife just wouldn't have understood, though he "might" have.

Comment

hmmm. analog sounds like an impressive group. any idea where they play next?

also, do you know if it'll be possible to order the dvd if you're nonmilitary?
                            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

>analog sounds like an impressive group. any idea where they play next?

just did a search, only found dis:
                              http://www.lstarproductions.com/bands.htm
                              dude in the front is the guitarist. haole guy on right is Oahu's Eddie Vedder.

>also, do you know if it'll be possible to order the dvd if you're nonmilitary?

good question.
                              due to royalty and licencing limitations and whatevahz, can't sellum...
                              will check that out...

Comment

Working...
                              X