"Mothra"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mothra"

Since I was a little girl, yes, I once was. My favorite monsta movie was "Mothra!" A giant beautiful Butterfly.

Origin

Mothra's origin is not well known. It was the guardian of an ancient race of tiny subteraneans named the Cosmos who lived on earth. The Cosmos civilization became very advanced but the Zen of Earth Lifeforce created Battra to kill Mothra and wipe out the Cosmos. Although Mothra defeated Battra, the civilization of the Cosmos was defeated and Mothra lay dormant for many years. In 1992 it hatches from an egg when Godzilla and Battra threaten Japan.

Worshipped as a benevolent god representing both love and renewal by the natives of Infant Island in the South Pacific, Mothra maintains a close telepathic contact with two tiny twin priestesses, the Shobijin (or Fairies). Its behavior patterns and communication abilities indicate an above average level of intelligence. It is one of the most beautiful of all monsters with its fuzzy body and colorfully patterned wings.

Mothra first appeared in Japan to recue her tiny, foot-tall twin priestesses, who had been kidnapped by an unscrupulous promoter (Mothra, 1961). Later, in Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964), humanity appealed to Mothra for help against Godzilla's aggression.

(information taken from http://godzilla.monstrous.com/mothra.htm)

Anybody else here remember Mothra? Remember the song?

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: "Mothra"

I have only seen the movie once a long time ago on TV. I don't know if it's out on DVD or not.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      Since I was a little girl, yes, I once was. My favorite monsta movie was "Mothra!" A giant beautiful Butterfly.

Of all the Japanese monster movies, Mothra was the best. For some reason despite most of the Godzilla movies coming out on DVD, this one has still not made it to DVD release as I listed in the thread on "movies not on DVD". The theme song by "The Peanuts" (the 2 singing girls) was released to CD a few years ago. It's available through Amazon.com.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Mahalo Big Time Mel!

You made my Day!...

Aunty Lynn

Comment

I checked Amazon, and sadly the CD is not available at this time. I think there is a compilation CD that has different songs from various Japanese monster movies all on 1 or 2 discs. The theme from "Mothra" is on that I believe.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I'm willing to pay if anyone has the song on Mothra....within reason.

Auntie Lynn

...brings back so much memories!

I feel like a little girl once again.

Remember the part where the drums are beating and all the natives are singing to wake-up Mothra? Captivating!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

...brings back so much memories!

I feel like a little girl once again.

Remember the part where the drums are beating and all the natives are singing to wake-up Mothra? Captivating!
              Was it something like this?

Comment

Exacto Mundo!

WOW!

Auntie Lynn

...Mothra Lives!

(I forgot to ask, how much?)
                Last edited by 1stwahine; December 16, 2005, 06:53 PM.

Comment

If you are interested the Sci-Fi channel is going to show 2 Mothra movies tonight the first one Rebirth of Mothra (1996) at 1am Eastern Time and then the second one Rebirth Of Mothra part 2 made in 1997. Toho also made a 3rd rebirth movie but Sci-Fi channel isn’t showing it tonight.

Heres some of the diffrent mothra songs

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Island/2295/song.html

Comment

Oooohhh yea!
                    and don't fergit MST3K's take on it:

http://tom-servo.home.mindspring.com...s02_ep213.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sûpꮥånkêês
                      If you are interested the Sci-Fi channel is going to show 2 Mothra movies tonight the first one Rebirth of Mothra (1996) at 1am Eastern Time and then the second one Rebirth Of Mothra part 2 made in 1997.

that's at 11 pm and on, here. set yer vcr's!

Comment

Re: "Mothra" song

The Don Tiki band regularly plays the Peanuts' Mothra theme

Comment

oooh, yea. think i read that somewhere. check it out:

http://starbulletin.com/2005/12/30/f...s/story01.html

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            oooh, yea. think i read that somewhere. check it out:

http://starbulletin.com/2005/12/30/f...s/story01.html
                            This is such a great show...campy...fun...the old Martin Denny exotica style taken to a new level. Check out the videos on their web site:
                            http://www.dontiki.com/tv.html

Comment

oooga chunkka booga looga, teekee freekee funny...

Comment

Working...
                              X