Onslaught of Holiday Snacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onslaught of Holiday Snacks

For the past several weeks we've been bombarded with holiday snack food gifts from friends, family and coworkers. To hell with any notion of the term "DIET".

Just today a vendor brought us Chocolate Custard, Blueberry Cheesecake and Apple Turnover Pies from Sunny Side bakery in Wahiawa. Yesterday, a co-worker brought a full spread of Manapua and other Dim Sum from Island Manapua Factory.

That was only from the past 2 days. We still have several variety tubs of Senbei to go through. A huge box of See's Chocolates. More Kona Coffee blends than Starbucks. Cornflake shortbread cookies. Big Island Chocolate-dipped Macadamia Nut shortbread cookies. Just to name a few.

It almost seems the idea of making a New Years Resolution stems from the overindulgences made in the month of December alone. A blessing to receive gifts of food for sure. But oh, the aching teeth and stomach. January's definately time for a dental check-up.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Onslaught of Holiday Snacks

Why is it that I gave a Non-Food item as a gift to approximately
    20 co-workers....yet I got food items back from most of them... Do I look like I'm Hungry?

I used to be skinny before I joined this office....

I understand it's the cultural thing here in Hawaii to give food......

But as the beginning of the thread states.... ONSLAUGHT????

(See new thread I'm about to start on worst gifts received)
    Last edited by helen; December 21, 2005, 07:44 PM. Reason: adding link to the new thread

Comment

Re: Onslaught of Holiday Snacks

Originally posted by Pomai
      January's definately time for a dental check-up.
      And for those who can partake in the activity of jogging/running, January is also a time to slip into a pair of Nikes, New Balances, Mizunos, etc, and run off all of those Big Island chocolate-dipped macadamia nut shortbread cookies!

Comment

Working...
      X