Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Eve/Day Dining Plans

What's yours?

For Christmas Eve, yours truly at the helm again of the trusty Weber grill. First attempt at doing a Prime Rib (actually Choice cut) on that bad boy. Thank goodness it ain't Turkey!

Gonna' stuff it with some garlic cloves, roll it in Italian dressing mix and crusted black pepper. Throw some pieces of Kiawe on the coals for a little bit of smokey flavor. Let it go until rare/medium-rare (approx. 115~125º internal temperature). Thermometer on-hand.

Sides will be baked potato with all the fixinz', tossed greens and buttered corn on the cob. Horseradish and Au Jus for the rib roast of course.

Pupu? Sashimi. Pass the Wasabi please. Choke 'em. Maybe some of that famous Clam Dip with Ruffles Chips too.

Christmas Day for us? Not sure yet. Most likely leftovers. I may have to drive to Haleiwa.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Christmas Eve/Day Dining Plans

The Mister and I will indulge in Dungeoness Crab dipped and dripping with drawn butter. Ah, the fruits of the ocean! Yummy!

Comment

Eve: I have agreed to attempt making lasagna for the Alpha Female from Kane`ohe. In over ten years together, I've never made it for the two of us, and it used to be my signature dish. I've been spoiled by her wonderful cooking skills, and rarely do food prep myself anymore.

Day: visiting my sister and her family on the Eastside of Lake Washington; we'll see what she can do with her newly-remodeled kitchen...

Comment

eve: the annual family cocktails and pupus party...i'm a simple man, so i look forward most to the rolled ham and cream cheese topped with a green olive bites...then i'll be off to another saturday show, one that will either be packed to the rafters or a truly silent night...

day: coffee and a right proper breakfast prepared by me pa...i'd otherwise indulge a mimosa party, but i have to work this year...when i get out of the office, the fam will be dining at diamond head grill...last year i had the slipper lobster, and it was quite grand...
        Don't be mean,
        try to help.

Comment

...if everything goes as planned and I don't end up in the hospital!

Eve: preparing for my Christmas Party at my Hale!

Day: Celebrating with family and friends!!!!

Mele Kalikimaka 2005!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I'm on call Xmas weekend, soI have to stay in Honolulu in case there's an emergency, hence...

Eve: dinner at Nick's Fishmarket (almost next door to my apt)
            Day: brunch celebration at a friend's place

Happy holidays to you all, and may your celebrations be wonderful, no matter what your plans entail.

Comment

Christmas Eve will be dinner at Kyo Ya with the Ohana, about thirty of us. As usual will dress up as Santa to pass out little gifts to the keiki's. Santa will then indulge in some ono sake to top off the evening.

Christmas day will be home in the morning and off to the nephews for the rest of the day. More time with family and friends and food and drink.

Merry Merry to you all.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani
                [...]Santa will then indulge in some ono sake to top off the evening.[..]
                Santa on sake? Let the party begin!

Comment

I don't know about Christmas Eve but I know sometime on Christmas Day I will be at my sister's place.

Comment

Just found out I have bronchitis *and* pneumonia ... arrrgh ... so I won't be cooking, after all. Mom, Kimo and I will go to Chuck's in Waikiki for dinner, if I'm up for dinner. It's right across the street from her condo. We had Thanksgiving there, too.

Merry Christmas to all! I'm counting my blessings.

Comment

I will be celebrating Christmas Eve, as well as give thanks for the concluded growing season here that, (for the most part), was a good one in spite of the dry growing season it was, with a hui of local ( to quote ZZType ) "mahi'ai" at a restuarant combo night club in Newport. We have absolutely no chance of meeting any mahi'ai wahine!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
                        I will be celebrating Christmas Eve, as well as give thanks for the concluded growing season here that, (for the most part), was a good one in spite of the dry growing season it was, with a hui of local ( to quote ZZType ) "mahi'ai" at a restuarant combo night club in Newport. We have absolutely no chance of meeting any mahi'ai wahine!
                        Hahaha! Mele Kalikimaka, my mahi'ai friend! I'm sorry, but I don't think you'll find too many wahine me ka papa he'enalu, either, in Rhode Island!!
                        Blaine
                        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

As always, Christmas Eve turkey dinner and Christmas Day prime rib (I'm unsure whether the prime rib will be gorged upon at my sister's house or at ours).
                          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Dinner with PZ's dad and stepmom on Saturday night. Still not sure what we're doing on Christmas Day. Maybe roast Cornish game hens. Or lasagne. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                              Just found out I have bronchitis *and* pneumonia ... arrrgh ... so I won't be cooking, after all. Mom, Kimo and I will go to Chuck's in Waikiki for dinner, if I'm up for dinner. It's right across the street from her condo. We had Thanksgiving there, too.

Merry Christmas to all! I'm counting my blessings.
                              look after yourself, lady...all best wishes for you and yours...
                              Don't be mean,
                              try to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X