Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kauaian from Texas

Aloha!
    My family and I recently moved to Kauai and I am eager to get involved in the community and meet people. My husband works for Wilcox Hospital, I work from home for my company back in Texas, and I have a 7-year old daughter who will start school at Wilcox in Jan. I just wanted to reach out and say hello!

I do have 1 rather important question I cannot find an answer to on the web...does anyone know what time school starts here? I don't want to be late the first day of school

I look forward to hearing from any of you.

Mahalo!
    Last edited by Jordansmama; December 26, 2005, 08:07 AM.

Re: New Kauaian from Texas

Aloha and Welcome to Hawaii Threads.com. Try doing a search on the Hawaii State Public Schools for times.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordansmama
      [...]I do have 1 rather important question I cannot find an answer to on the web...does anyone know what time school starts here? I don't want to be late the first day of school [...]
      Welcome! I haven't had kids in elementary school in over 30 years and I'm on Oahu so I don't know that I can be of much help. After today you might try calling Wilcox, 274-3150. Maybe office staff will be back at work. Or, try the DoE on Oahu, (808) 837-8012. So many schools on Oahu have gone to a year around schedule. I don't know about Kauai. You'll need an accurate start date (if you don't know that already) in addition to a time. I'm wondering if registration can take place in advance or if it needs to happen on the first day of your daughter's attendance. If the latter, I'd guess your daughter might be understandably late to class on her first day. Sorry I don't have any real answers for you!

Comment

Which school? Call them and ask them. Guaranteed the office staff is working.

All schools' web sites and contact info can be found at http://doe.k12.hi.us/
        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Aloha!

If you mean Wilcox Elementary on Hardy St, here's the contact info:

Wilcox Elementary School
          4319 Hardy Street, Lihue, Hawaii 96766
          Phone 808-274-3150
          Fax 808-274-3135

Comment

Working...
          X