Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian music reviews online

Aloha kakou!

We’ve just launched a website for the monthly (free) Hawaiian community newspaper (based here in Seattle) for whom I write a column of CD reviews (with other occasional music stories.)

You can see my monthly musings now at: http://www.northwesthawaiitimes.com/musichome.htm

(There's still a couple of web-glitches to tweak, but for the most part, it's ready to be seen. And this will reveal my true identity to y'all, bwah-hah-hah!)

Re: Hawaiian music reviews online

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
    Aloha kakou!

We’ve just launched a website for the monthly (free) Hawaiian community newspaper (based here in Seattle) for whom I write a column of CD reviews (with other occasional music stories.)

You can see my monthly musings now at: http://www.northwesthawaiitimes.com/musichome.htm

(There's still a couple of web-glitches to tweak, but for the most part, it's ready to be seen. And this will reveal my true identity to y'all, bwah-hah-hah!)
    Eh, Bruddah G...s'about time, yeah?

Nah, I'm just glad the website is finally up and running. Now I don't have to go running all over Seattle to go find a printed copy and peeps like Lurkah no need grumble about how humbug it is to find a copy!

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      Now I don't have to go running all over Seattle to go find a printed copy and peeps like Lurkah no need grumble about how humbug it is to find a copy!
      One drawback, though --- the website will be more of an archive, because we still want people to go to da pepa, for the advertisers who support it. We didn't want to deal with running advertising on the website. But all the non-time-critical material will be available on the website, and will be one month after the printed copy.

So Lurkah will still be able to complain (hey - it's part of his charm, yeah?)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio

So Lurkah will still be able to complain (hey - it's part of his charm, yeah?)
        Eh, no boddah me while I'm reading.

By the way, Uncle, I can see that the Wal-Mart Portrait Studios up your way are better than ours with their useage of those nice island-style ocean photo backgrounds.

Oh, wait. That looks more like Puget Sound back there. "Oh, we're going...to a hukilau..."

P.S. - Tell Rochelle she's still getting a big bear hug from me in spite of your and Miulang's cruel remarks and the fact that we'll be receiving news that will already be ancient history to you hardcopy readers.

Comment

Great pic and Web Site Leo Lakio!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
            P.S. - Tell Rochelle she's still getting a big bear hug from me in spite of your and Miulang's cruel remarks and the fact that we'll be receiving news that will already be ancient history to you hardcopy readers.
            Eh, not our fault you chose to live in da boonies where you have to drive for ucka pila hours just to get to Uwajimaya in Portland or Seattle to get your local grine fix! Da boonies where you live does have one thing going for it though...still get plenty room to spread out! (and no hilahila...if get some important news in da pepa about you guys dat cannot wait for da website, we going let you know right away, anyway...like your little kanikapila a few months ago... )

Miulang
            Last edited by Miulang; December 27, 2005, 12:54 PM.
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
              Eh, no boddah me while I'm reading.
              But I can still read you when you're bothered, yeah?
              By the way, Uncle, I can see that the Wal-Mart Portrait Studios up your way are better than ours with their useage of those nice island-style ocean photo backgrounds.
              Yeah, but the Fred Meyer here didn't play Hawaiian Christmas music, as far as I could tell, darn them.
              Oh, wait. That looks more like Puget Sound back there.
              From Golden Gardens park, in fact. Local boy, Steve Kajihiro, took our photos for the 1st Anniversary issue of "da pepa."
              Cruel? Us? And I thought living out in the wilderness would give you a thick skin...

Comment

Working...
              X