Hi, everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, everyone

I found out about this forum through an article in the paper about the slippers, and I just had to find out more about all you wonderful people. I just posted a reply in the Mixed Plate forum (Blind Date topic). Looking forward to being a part of this great community and thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Re: Hi, everyone

Welcome Miwa!! I am kind of new too!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, Shan-n. I was reading through some of the posts on various topics, and I swear, I've been at my computer for over two hours because the comments and discussions were so interesting. It can be pretty addicting, no?

Comment

Originally posted by miwa
        Looking forward to being a part of this great community and thanks for letting me be a part of it.
        hold on there a minute. ya aren't a member yet. first ya gotta go thru the hazing ritual and initiation:

You will first hike diamond head crater trail carrying aunty on piggyback.
        and NO dropping her like the last three initiates!

then you will streak kalakaua in and out of/between the two major hotel lobbies of yer choice.
        next day, then you will tow the top six ali'i of HT in an outrigger canoe while you paddle a wood longboard with the tow rope in yer teeth.
        Where, you ask?
        The complete distance of the Ala Wai.

Then, and only then... will we consider you a part of our luverly exclusive, but quite well meaning ohana here.
        Last edited by kimo55; December 29, 2005, 09:04 AM.

Comment

oh, and don't forget da mos' impotent t'ing; ya gotta donate to Pzarq's paypal donation site to keep this chat board alive. ya hear?! k den.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            hold on there a minute. ya aren't a member yet. first ya gotta go thru the hazing ritual and initiation:

You will first hike diamond head crater trail carrying aunty on piggyback.
            and NO dropping her like the last three initiates!

then you will streak kalakaua in and out of/between the two major hotel lobbies of yer choice.
            next day, then you will tow the top six ali'i of HT in an outrigger canoe while you paddle a wood longboard with the tow rope in yer teeth.
            Where, you ask?
            The complete distance of the Ala Wai.

Then, and only then... will we consider you a part of our luverly exclusive, but quite well meaning ohana here.

Ummm.....how much does aunty weigh? I'm only 87 pounds, so I don't think I can even pass the first hurdle.

Comment

Ummm.....how much does aunty weigh? I'm only 87 pounds, so I don't think I can even pass the first hurdle.
              Eh, what Aunty you guys talking about? Betta not be me! I going give you both WHACK WHACKS!

KIMO!!!!!!

aUNTIE lYNN
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

well, who was that, then?!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  well, who was that, then?!
                  Ok, it was me. heheheh

Auntie Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; December 29, 2005, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

KIMO!!!!!!
                    Box his ears, Auntie, no sked! Hee hee...

Comment

No worries...if you're over 60 or have a minimum of 3 mo`opuna then you get to bypass all rituals and hazings!

However, reputation points have no such exemptions!

Comment

uh-oh - i'm over 60 but don't meet the rest of the requirements. can i still be a member? you folks didn't tell me there were membership stuffs to go through. i'm old - cannot hike diamond head, cannot carry auntie - shoots, can barely carry myself! do you ever make exceptions?

fran
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

ok, we will bend in yer case:

if... you can carry... a tune in a karaoke bar.
                          urine.

IF... you can carry a budweiser from da kitchen to da barcalounger.
                          urine.

howz dat!?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                            No worries...if you're over 60 or have a minimum of 3 mo`opuna then you get to bypass all rituals and hazings!

However, reputation points have no such exemptions!
                            Shucks, I'm not over 60. And I don't know what a mo'opuna is, so I don't think I have them.

Comment

Shucks, I'm not over 60. And I don't know what a mo'opuna is, so I don't think I have them.
                              ...heheheh den I don't think you older than me!

Auntie Lynn

BTW: I weigh ova 280 LBS.

Comment

Working...
                              X