Aloha from Washington, DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Washington, DC

I just recently visited Oahu and have fallen madly in love with Hawaii. I even came away with a Honu tattoo on my right hip.

We are already planning our next trip for next year. There are still some things I didn't get to see and do that I want to. Also, I'd like to be able to visit at least one other island while there.

Looking forward to enjoying this site. Thanks!!!

Kerri

Re: Aloha from Washington, DC

Hey there Kerri ! If you're into hiking, check out this game at www.geocaching.com it's a sort of treasure hunt using a GPSr unit. I grew up here and now because of this game have met some really cool people and been to places that I'd never been before. If you'd like contact me and I'll show you and yours around, K ? Anyways Happy New Years ! And welcome to HawaiiThreads.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
      ... I'll show you and yours around, K ? Anyways Happy New Years ! And welcome to HawaiiThreads.
      Thanks for the offer, however, I am now BACK in the DC area.. I didn't want to leave, but couldn't find a decent paying job or an affordable place to live.

Plus, I found out Hawaii has some pretty serious import rules for Domesticated animals. So.. I'll have to wait till my dogs have passed on before moving there.. Oh well..

Thanks, I'll check out the game and I am already planning another trip back next year!

Mahola, Kerri

Comment

Aloha,

You might want to check those animal quarantine laws again - they were recently changed and as I think as long as your animals have had all their shots & after a waiting period where you live now, they do not have to go through the quarantine process here. They may also need to have one of those ID things implanted also. Can anybody verify this? I hope I'm giving correct info.

Fran
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Yep. Your four-legged friend could be home in five days or less under the new quarantine program. The trick is to have all your ducks in a row well before you get on the plane.

Comment

Hawaii Quarentine Laws..

Awwww.. man!! I could be moving sooner rather than later!! Now I just need the GSA to transfer me over there!! lolol

Thanks for the update! I'm seriously gonna check into this for future reference..

Mahola!!

Kerri

Comment

Kerri,

I am just a couple of hours drive away from you. Congrats on your trip! I'm sure anyone who has been can't wait to go back. I know I've always loved all the islands I've went to and none of them probably truly compare to Hawaii, from what I've heard.

Dreamer

Comment

Working...
              X