Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Virginia

Waving and smiling!

I'm so glad to have discovered this site and see so many homies all over the place. I look forward to meeting all of you and browsing around to catch up on things here.

I live in Martinsville, Virginia and have been away for ten years. I have been going home every year for the past three years and will be going home again this June when the kids get out of school for two weeks.

I'm from the downtown Honolulu (Liliha) area. I miss going to the beach and having cookouts with family and friends, I loved going to the malls such as Ala Moana and Pearlridge, cruising around Waikiki and all.

Anyway, glad to be here. See you all after awhile.

Lisheous
    Faith, the evidence of things not seen, but things that are hopeful.

Re: Aloha from Virginia

Originally posted by Lisheous
    Waving and smiling!
    Hi Lish! Happy New Year!
    Blaine
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Wuz up! Home girl! I'm from da same area as ya! Welcome to Hawaii Threads.com. See ya on the boards.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisheous
        Waving and smiling!

I live in Martinsville, Virginia and have been away for ten years.
        Lisheous
        I've driven through Martinsville, Virginia! That is if it's near the Pennsylvania state line! Eat much Yoder sausage, Lish? So what do you do there? I think my in-laws, who live here, have roots in Martinsville.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Hi Lavagal,

Jumping up and down!

Hi nice to met you, my name is Melissa Hairston.

My husband is from Martinsville. He was stationed at Schofield barracks, after he got out of the army. He went to Kapiolani Community College, worked at Straub's Clinic and then he worked at the Waipahu post office as a US postal carrier. He got transfered to Virginia and has 22 years now as a carrier.

My husband is also a Minister and I teach children's Sunday school and I'm a full time mother. I used to be an executive secretary for brokerage company back home. There's no brokerage here in this small town. Most plants has close down, so there isn't any much work here. There's nothing for the tourist or excitement and entertainment, but that's okay, I don't mind. The four seasons are beautiful, but there's no place like home. We are 5 hours ahead of Honolulu. It's 39 degrees quite cold.

But I'm very happy here, but I miss home so much, I haven't met anyone from Hawaii, but I do have a great church family, which makes things easier for me.

*Lisheous*
          http://groups.msn.com/MelissasSignat...resamples.msnw

Comment

Hi Melissa,

I have been to your area too and indeed it's cold. You seem to have a good mindset (home is where the heart is) and it's nice to meet you! Welcome to the boards.

Dreamer

Comment

Welcome to the boards Lisheous! This is a great board filled with a lot of wonderful people who always make me think way more than I want to some days. Very thought stimulating are these Hawaiithreads. I'm sure you'll love it here.
              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Hi Lei,

Thank you for welcoming me, I used to live in Ewa Beach too, on Hanaloa Street. It's nice browsing around.

Comment

Hey Hawaii Dreamer,

Waving and smiling to you too! Yeap, this town is really small and I have tried to make the best of it. There's no place like home, I have to be careful of how I speak, because I have to keep repeating myself in a different way. LOL! You know how it is, when you still have the local accent. Some people cannot pick up our way of speaking. But I'm alright, I'm just glad to be here to hear everybody's stories.. Hehehehe, LOL!

Comment

Hi Lisheous,

Are you near Galax? My stepchildren's mother lives up there. My stepdaughter just came back from a visit there and enjoyed herself.

Comment

Hi Sayuri,

Yes, I'm near Galax, actually I'm 13 miles away. Waving and smiling!

Comment

Working...
                      X