PDA

View Full Version : Hi from honolulu

Sayuri
January 4th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

I signed up on Hawaii Threads awhile ago and I want to start out the New Year by participating on this forum. I have never done anything like this before so here I go! :)

kaneohegirl
January 4th, 2006, 08:43 PM
a fan of memoirs of a geisha?..... great movie yeah? anyway I new hea too but welcome from me

Donna
January 4th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Welcome to you both! :)

I've been around for quite some time, but not as active as I'd like to be. Here's to many interesting conversations and friendships forged in 2006! *clink!*

Lisheous
January 5th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Welcome as well Sayuri! I'm sure you'll enjoy browsing around, I do. :D

zztype
January 5th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

I signed up on Hawaii Threads awhile ago and I want to start out the New Year by participating on this forum. I have never done anything like this before so here I go! :)
Hi, hi, Sayuri! Welcome!
Blaine

Sayuri
January 5th, 2006, 07:49 AM
a fan of memoirs of a geisha?..... great movie yeah? anyway I new hea too but welcome from me

Hi Yes! I loved both the book and the movie.

Leo Lakio
January 5th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Hi Yes! I loved both the book and the movie.
As did I, and so did my Nikkeijin sweetie, who lived in Kyoto for a year. The only major fault she found with the movie was in hairstyles; other than that, she was impressed with the level of accuracy.

Palama Kid
January 5th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome, Sayuri.

Truss me, the best advice I can give you is to jump in with both feet. Keep checking all threads, even the historical ones, for themes of interest. Above all, participate . . . keep posting !!!

You WILL be hooked and continue coming back for more.

Palama Kid

pzarquon
January 6th, 2006, 05:42 AM
I've been around for quite some time, but not as active as I'd like to be.Or as many of us would like you to be! :)

Yes, welcome, Sayuri! I have a cousin by that name. I hope you'll find a lot here at HawaiiThreads to talk story about.