pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pictures?

How do I get one of those pictures next to my name when I post? Where would I get a picture and how would I put it next to my name?

I'd like something hawaiian.

Re: pictures?

Originally posted by aleno
    How do I get one of those pictures next to my name when I post? Where would I get a picture and how would I put it next to my name?

I'd like something hawaiian.
    Look at that brown menu bar across the top of the page (not all the way at the top).
    See "User CP" on the far left?
    In that, there's a "edit avatar."

Comment

Or you can click this link.

Click Here!

Good luck!

-vic
      Enjoy this moment. This moment is your life.

Comment

thank you for your help.

next question..... where do I get other pictures to choose from? You both have cool pictures . I picked the pineapple but would like to find something unique for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by aleno

where do I get other pictures to choose from? You both have cool pictures . I picked the pineapple but would like to find something unique for myself.
          You can create your own avatar by uploading a 70 x 70 pixel icon picture. I think this is how most people have custom icons/avatars made. Mine was made from a scanned drawing that I reduced real small after colorizing it in Photoshop. 70 x 70 pixels... that is the key... upload it as a .jpg or .gif file and it should work.

It will take a little more effort if you want an animated icon.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

There are tons of custom pictures you can pick from on the web.

Just make sure The maximum size of your custom image is 70 by 70 pixels or 25.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

this site has many to choose from http://www.avatarsbymas.com/ or just troll though other boards and if you see someone with you avatar you like, save it and use it here.

dont be afraid to ask more questions. if we know the answer, we have no problem helping you

Alot of this stuff can be confusing at times believe me i know!! lol

-vic

Comment

Thank you very much,

I will start looking for one that I like.

Now I must let you all know that I'm not a whiz when it comes to this computer but I'm learning. i'll probably be back to ask more questions.

Much Mahalo,
              Ale

Comment

My son found this avatar in a chat room. I told him it looks cool so he figured I should use it. I told him better not be somebodies home made one cause I don't want anyone to be mad at me. He said he'll look around for more and send them to me via e-mail. So I guess I'll be hanging around on the computer till I get to see him again.

I tried getting pics off a sites but most aren't 70 x 70 or 25 kb so I figure they won't work. They said right click and then save but when I tried to use it , it didn't load. So I'll let my son pick some out for me.

Comment

If you have a photo editing program such as Photoshop, PSP, Photo Impact, etc., you can reduce the size of any picture. Or maybe have someone resize it for you if you don't have a photo editing program. I could help with that if you'd like. Just send the pictures to me through email.

Send POI

Comment

you can even resize pics with microsoft paint. its really simple

-vic
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by slickvic; May 26, 2004, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Yes, and resizing pictures is an important skill to practice and get comfortable with.

While this site's software will automatically check image sizes - either dimensions or file sizes - for Avatars (the focus of this thread), Profile Pictures (that appear in your Public Profile), and File Attachments (added to specific posts), one thing it can't do is check Inserted Images in posts. If you insert a giant picture, not only will it "stretch out" the site layout and make it hard for people to read, but it'll have a definite impact on visitors using dial-up Internet access.

Check the updated "Images in Posts" topic for more of an introduction, and PM me if you have any suggestions on how to improve the explanation.

Comment

Aloha,

Much Mahalo to you first Leimamo. I appreciate the offer. I will try Vics way with paints and if that doesn't work, be sure I will be contacting you.

mahalo Vic, I will take your suggestion so be on the look out for a new avatar.....lol. I might wait till my computer expert....my youngest son....to help me, LOL.

Thank you luna Ho'o ponopono (administrator). I will now read the links you suggested.

I always appreciate the gracious and unselfishness of the people I've corresponded with on this site.

Ale

Comment

I notice you cannot put a pic in your sig......right?

Comment

I notice you cannot put a pic in your sig......right?
                            I believe you can, since the editor for your signature (accessed via the User Control Panel) includes the same controls as for messages.

If you do make images a part of your signature, I'd only ask that you keep them small. Signatures are... well, signatures, small signoffs for what is hopefully a post that's more important. Since you've also got Avatars, you probably don't want your identity to overwhelm your message.

Definitely don't make your signature longer or larger than your message! Fortunately, you can disable your signature on a post-by-post basis.

Both Avatars and Signatures will probably be future threads in the Announcements forum, as well as entries in the FAQ.

Comment

The signature options are different than the regular message options.
                              That would be cool if you could have a picture in your sig though!

I seen it that way before

(good morning by the way )

-vic

Comment

Working...
                              X