Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!

I'm originally from the Northwest... so I have a weak spot in my heart for my Hawks.

This is there best season ever, and they have never even played in a Superbowl before.

If they happen to go to the superbowl... I'm thinking of a Hawaii "Seahawk" Bowl party somewhere....

Any other Seahawk fans on this board?

Anyone remember...Jack Patera, Jim Zorn, Dave Krieg, Kenny Easley, Michael Jackson (yes...that was his name), Sherman Smith, Steve Largent, Effran Herrera, Curt Warner, the Boz (ouch), Chuck Knox?

Am I forgetting anyone??? they haven't been around for that long.

Re: Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    I'm originally from the Northwest... so I have a weak spot in my heart for my Hawks.

This is there best season ever, and they have never even played in a Superbowl before.

If they happen to go to the superbowl... I'm thinking of a Hawaii "Seahawk" Bowl party somewhere....

Any other Seahawk fans on this board?

Anyone remember...Jack Patera, Jim Zorn, Dave Krieg, Kenny Easley, Michael Jackson (yes...that was his name), Sherman Smith, Steve Largent, Effran Herrera, Curt Warner, the Boz (ouch), Chuck Knox?

Am I forgetting anyone??? they haven't been around for that long.
    How about Kamehameha school's then Boise State University then Seattle Seakhawk's David Hughes? And don't forget Willie Tufano also from Hawaii that played for Boise State then went on to play with the Seahawks back in the early 80's.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Manu Tuiasosopo, who was with the 'hicks early in the franchise. He is the father of at least 3 NFL players (Matt, Zach, and Marques), Steve Raible (current anchorman for a local Seattle TV station), Warren Moon.

I hope they do well in the Playoffs and end up in the Superbowl, but they've disappointed us once too often, folding in the clutch. It would be a nice reward for Coach Holmgren, though. He's suffered through too many "almost" seasons after having such a spectacular career at Green Bay.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I'm a Hawk fan from the very beginning (1976) so this year has been especially sweet--especially since we haven't won a playoff game since 1984 (holding my breath until next week)!!

Comment

Don't you hawk fans hate having to explain that the Seahawks and Redskins
          are in two completely different states?

I've been having to explain to locals ever since I got here that Redskins are not out of Washington State!

Hopefully this game will give me some good redemption
          Last edited by damontucker; January 13, 2006, 06:40 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I just say the 'Hicks are from the "OTHER" Washington! (You could also say the Seahawks are from the "BIGGER" Washington)...I sure hope we win tomorrow. I think Holmgren is going to remind his team that the 'Skins beat them in Oct. Time for payback...bigtime payback.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YoungNeil
              I'm a Hawk fan from the very beginning (1976) so this year has been especially sweet--especially since we haven't won a playoff game since 1984 (holding my breath until next week)!!
              Gosh you know you're old when you remember when they actually became a team huh? San Fran has always been my team but I kinda liked the Seahawks because of Steve Largent and Kenny Easley. The Boz lol remember when he got owned by Bo Jackson that one time on the goal line? They kept replaying that... poor guy.

Comment

Looking forward to tomorrow's game. Hopefully the Seahawks will be mentally tough and not choke as Seattle teams tend to do (I still haven't gotten over the Mariners' loss in '01).
                * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
                  The Boz lol remember when he got owned by Bo Jackson that one time on the goal line? They kept replaying that... poor guy.
                  Hahahaha! Good ol' Brian Bosworth! We sure didn't get our money's worth out of him, did we? Wonder what ever happened to him? The last time I remember seeing him on TV, he was pitching some men's deodorant...

Miulang

P.S. Well, wonder no more...I just Google'd him, and here is his bio. He made his last movie in 1996. Is he selling real estate or insurance now?
                  Last edited by Miulang; January 13, 2006, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Miulang.... Hello... boz tried to go Hollywood...

Recently, 2006... saw him on the ABC College player of the year show....(Geez...was that the name of the show... damn...ok... maybe not..but it was just like 2-3 weeks ago!.. and he was on an awards show... I'm pretty sure it was the player of the year awards show.

He was a big waste of money for the seahawks in the long term...(Boz took the seahawks and an insurance company for a good ride and ended up with a lot of money for playing a total of how many games??? He got hurt each season and ended up quitting/retiring/errr...umm sucking up insurance money for the rest of his contract.

I remember reading a sports illustrated article about the Boz where he admitted to biting and pinching players under the pile during his college days.

However... this season makes me not even care about the boz.... but damn was i pissed then and yes... BOZ got shamed by Bo.... Bo knows Boz?

Comment

I'm not gonna be too optimistic about the Seahawks beating the 'skins tomorrow. Maybe if I don't expect it to happen, it actually will happen and the 'Hawks will get to play another game. I've been too disappointed by our local sports teams over the years to think they will ever get past the playoffs. The only time we had a team go all the way was in 1978 or 1979 when the Seattle Sonics won the world championship. Since then, pfffft. Maybe they'll be like the Cubbies and Bosox and pull off a miracle.

It would also be good if they won because they probably upset a lot of boat owners this weekend. Because of tomorrow's game, the annual Seattle Boat Show had to close down 2 days early to make way for the football game.

Miulang
                      Last edited by Miulang; January 13, 2006, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                        I'm not gonna be too optimistic about the Seahawks beating the 'skins tomorrow. Maybe if I don't expect it to happen, it actually will happen and the 'Hawks will get to play another game. I've been too disappointed by our local sports teams over the years to think they will ever get past the playoffs. The only time we had a team go all the way was in 1978 or 1979 when the Seattle Sonics won the world championship. Since then, pfffft. Maybe they'll be like the Cubbies and Bosox and pull off a miracle.

It would also be good if they won because they probably upset a lot of boat owners this weekend. Because of tomorrow's game, the annual Seattle Boat Show had to close down 2 days early to make way for the football game.

Miulang
                        OMG (Did someone mention old school Sonics)...Slick Watts, Jack Sikma, Gus Williams, Paul Hanslick, Downtown Freddie Brown, D.J. Dennis Johnson, Coach Lennie Wilkens, Paul Silas, The Wheedle....

and I just got it on the tip of my tongue... was his name Lonnie Shelton?

(If your a true sonics fan... you'll understand the tip of the tongue pun)
                        Last edited by damontucker; January 13, 2006, 10:03 PM. Reason: Clarifications

Comment

Wheres everyone gonna watch the game?

Comment

More on Brian Bosworth http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0098372/
                            His last movie was The Longest Yard http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398165/
                            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                            The Kona Blog

Comment

WOOHOO! We actually won! I just hope Shawn Alexander is healed up and ready to play next week. We were lucky this week that our offense held up without him in the lineup. Next week it will be tougher against the Bears.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                              X