Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MaHaLo Water 4$ - 6$ per bottle? Water BAR???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaHaLo Water 4$ - 6$ per bottle? Water BAR???

They recently opened a Bar across from DFX down in Waikiki that sells water.

I first thought about 15 - 20 years ago how nice it would be if we could
    run cars off water....

Now Water costs more than GAS!!!!

If you think about it... a small bottle of water can run you $1.19

A Gallon can go up to $3.00 Compare that to gas now $1.67?????

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../bz/bz02p.html

(article is old...however the bar just recently went up down in Waiks)

Re: MaHaLo Water 4$ - 6$ per bottle? Water BAR???

and at the bars in japan...those small bottle of water go for $6.00!!!

You would think that the tourist would go around the corner to the local ABC store and buy a bottle of water from there?

And Gee... for that matter??? Do the Japanese tourist now take home bottles of water from the store?

Who would've thought????

Any Japanese readers out there want to buy a gram of hand picked "Diamond Head Dirt" from me?

Comment

Isn't Mahalo water supposed to be some kind of 'special deep sea' water that they has some kind of unique nutrients or something?
      Sounds like a novelty to me but I guess its a big thing now because it the Japanese companies that are investing in them.

Comment

The Star-Bulletin put my story about it on A1 awhile back:

http://starbulletin.com/2005/11/18/news/story04.html

It has a bit of an explanation as to why they think this water is so good.

The "Water Bar" is meant to educate folks to what they feel are the benefits of desalinated deep sea water.

The irony is, as I added in my story, that in Japan the bar business is called "mizu shobai" or "water business," after the deceptive practice of "stretching" inventory by watering down the liquor, etc.
        I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Just drink a glass of tap water (lots of minerals from the pipes yeah?) and take a vitamin pill. It's cheaper than bottled water.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

A contributing Midweek editor once wrote how he calculated the price per gallon of liquid ink in a typical computer ink jet printer. It comes out to something like $5000/gallon based the volume of ink included in each refill cartidge at average market price.

No wonder they sell ink jet printers at loss-leader prices.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
              The Star-Bulletin put my story about it on A1 awhile back:

http://starbulletin.com/2005/11/18/news/story04.html

It has a bit of an explanation as to why they think this water is so good.

The "Water Bar" is meant to educate folks to what they feel are the benefits of desalinated deep sea water.

The irony is, as I added in my story, that in Japan the bar business is called "mizu shobai" or "water business," after the deceptive practice of "stretching" inventory by watering down the liquor, etc.
              Thats an interesting and informative article.

Kind of a funny idea if you think about it, though: watered down bottled water.

Comment

i read that article in the paper a while ago... what a ridiculous marketing scheme! either tap water is super shitty in nihon or there are some dumb people there! GOD! let's sell pure air and open up an air bar... it will be a huge empty room filled with purified air that you can just.... breathe. $20 cover charge.

Comment

Originally posted by UH Manoa SUCKS
                  i read that article in the paper a while ago... what a ridiculous marketing scheme! either tap water is super shitty in nihon or there are some dumb people there! GOD! let's sell pure air and open up an air bar... it will be a huge empty room filled with purified air that you can just.... breathe. $20 cover charge.
                  Don't laugh...such places already exist in LA and NYC! (They call them O2 bars) . Purified bottled water (we drink bottled ozonized water) and O2 bars wouldn't exist if people understood about all the toxins that are in tap water that don't get filtered out (like chemotherapeutic agents, etc. that are flushed out of the body) or that pollute the air and did something to protect the environment.

Miulang
                  Last edited by Miulang; January 11, 2006, 08:58 AM.
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                    Just drink a glass of tap water (lots of minerals from the pipes yeah?) and take a vitamin pill. It's cheaper than bottled water.
                    Uh, wrong kind of minerals. Lead is definitely not healthy.
                    http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

Koyo USA Corp., bottler of MaHaLo Hawaii Deep Sea Water, says its third water processing plant on the Big Island has expanded its production capacity to 1 million bottles a day.
                      http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacif...ml?jst=b_ln_hl
                      At $4.00 - $6.00 bucks per bottle...at 1 million bottles per day???
                      I sure hope the State of Hawaii is making some good bank off this company that is basically using our resources and then selling them away from here for the most part.

Comment

I was at the Ironman Expo on the Big Island this past week. (My boyfriend did his first Ironman, it wasn't me!). The Hilton was giving away FREE bottles of the Mahalo Water like it was candy. I had several bottles, just because free water in the blazing sun is impossible to resist. It's the first water I've had in a long time that actually had no taste, despite the minerals that are in it. It wasn't bad--but I'd never spend loads of money for it.

Comment

I've never met a water, bottled or tap, that I like. I need taste and water has never done it for me. So, I use tap and slightly flavor it...a squeeze of lemon, a tbsp. of pomegranate or cranberry juice, a few drops of stevia...something, anything to make me want to drink it! For $4-$6 I'd much rather be at a REAL bar having a glass of wine while enjoying the company of friends!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                            Don't laugh...such places already exist in LA and NYC! (They call them O2 bars) . Purified bottled water (we drink bottled ozonized water) and O2 bars wouldn't exist if people understood about all the toxins that are in tap water that don't get filtered out (like chemotherapeutic agents, etc. that are flushed out of the body) or that pollute the air and did something to protect the environment.

Miulang
                            If its like a movie I once saw, dont you have a small personal air tank (the size of a arizona green tea) and mask?

desalinated salt water? isnt there still fish pee and ala wai water in there, somewhere? =p
                            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              So, I use tap and slightly flavor it...a squeeze of lemon, a tbsp. of pomegranate or cranberry juice, a few drops of stevia...something, anything to make me want to drink it!
                              Where can one find pomegranate juice? This sounds interesting to me?

Comment

Working...
                              X