Bringing in Drug Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing in Drug Dogs

This morning's online Advertiser had a story on Lahaina Inter.'s plan to bring in drug sniffing dogs on campus. They said it is to protect students. The BOE is looking into the legal part of it. This sounds like a good idea, but without cause, it seems a bit extreme to me.

What disturbed me the most about this article is this statement made by a Maui
    BOE member:

Don't waste time. Go for it," said board member Mary Cochran of Maui. "What's the worst that's going to happen? You're going to get your wrist slapped or you're going to get sued."

Do you really think the public wants to here this? To me it sounds like Ms. Cochran was saying , "violate the children's civil rights....nothing going happen to you".

Auwe!
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Bringing in Drug Dogs

Originally posted by alohabear
    "violate the children's civil rights....nothing going happen to you".

Auwe!

children's civil rights only should go so far they (kids) must still understand that they are accountable to the laws of school and state... these are children on STATE property that as long as they are on school grounds the school is responsible for them. There are RULES and LAWS that must be OBEYED. if the schools feel running drug sniffing dogs thru the classes with spot checks can help get rid of a bad element then they SHOULD do it.
    • Why do we as parents stop an say you are violating my kids rights (yeah he/she is breaking the law but how dare you!) but you cant do that!
    • Why are more parents not taking the stand of making the kids accountable for THIER (the kids) actions?
    • Why do they try to weasel out of making the kids learn a lesson with the "civil rights" crap?
    • What about all the "Clean" kids that have a RIGHT to a drug free learning enviroment?
    Da ones who need to be slapped are the ones bringing the drugs to school an I dont mean on da wrist!

our schools will not get safer without more accountability! you want a safe school then let them make it that way in whatever fashion deemed necessary whether its locker inspections/ backpack searches/ car searches(if a teen is driving to school an parking on school grounds then it should searchable at any time)/ drug sniffing dogs/ metal detectors/ or even uniforms support the schools they can only do so much. ask your kids if they are ever scared to go to school or if there is a area that they wont walk thru because of the bad element that hangs out there. I am betting that most of your kids will answer yes to some type of fear.
    THEY SHOULD NEVER GO TO SCHOOL WITH FEAR! SCHOOL IS SUPPOSE TO BE SAFE PLACE TO LEARN AT!!!
    Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

It is the parents that don't want to hear that thier kids are doing or selling drugs. They all think their kids can do no wrong no matter if they are the school punk. My kid always gets picked on in school and when they drag the parents in..... the parents lack no respect for others. last time a father snickered to me that he will tell his kid to kick my kids a-- everyday! What is this world breeding?

I say bring on the dogs.....

Comment

Originally posted by speedtek
        the parents lack no respect for others. last time a father snickered to me that he will tell his kid to kick my kids a-- everyday! What is this world breeding?

I say bring on the dogs.....
        yep know the feeling... my keed had problem wid a bully once too. da parents wen say da same kine ting... I looked at dem an said das harrassment if your keed does dat I goin have one restraining order made against your keed. an dat goin mean he cant go school hea.... you ready drive your keed 30 mins to go another school? you tell your keed back off. NOW. da parent thought I was joking till I wen pull out da cell phone to call da cops. da principal was making one beeg stink dey neva like da cops involved... now I know keeds goin fight sometimes its what dey do but to pick on da same one everytime everyday is crazy.
        If these kids no learn dat for bad actions you get consequences now den dey nevah goin learn.

as for the dogs I second it... an if da punk keeds to dang dumb an try for run an da dog biteum maybe da keed learn yeah? NO run from da cops stupid!

Comment

The War on Drugs is such a farce. And yet, mis-educated people who eat the party line hook, line, and sinker, seem to have no ability whatsoever to think for themselves.

Ask yourself 2 crucial questions....1) If drugs were legal, would you start? 2) Do you think a drug user ever quit because of laws?

If you answered NO to both questions, how can you logically support the conundrum that is the War on Drugs???

Support for the War on Drugs is the best indicator of ignorance.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

there cannot be a war on anything till you are ready to pay the price. your kids does/sells drugs be ready to pay the price = kids does time / fine / community service/ or whatever the court mandates. dont try an lesson the blow for your keeds let them learn life can be TOUGH... then maybe they'll want to be keeds a little longer

Comment

Originally posted by kaneohegirl
              [*]Why do they try to weasel out of making the kids learn a lesson with the "civil rights" crap?[*]What about all the "Clean" kids that have a RIGHT to a drug free learning enviroment
              Yeah, all that civil rights crap! Who needs it? Get in the back of the bus! Don't ask questions! Don't stand up! Sit down! Shut up!

Where in the Bill of Rights does it mention a "drug free learning environment"? Oh, that's right -- it doesn't!

They're diverting your attention away from the appalling shape of some of our schools with this "anti-drug" propaganda, and you're just lapping it up. Slurp, yum. Whack! Please, sir, may I have another? Baaaaa! Baaaa!

Comment

WELCOME TO THE NOW GENERATION, I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW!!!!
                Now day`s it`s even more hard for the keiki`s. Get more pressure then ever before. Our Day`s growing up was rough, but today`s generation get one battle on their hands. It`s gonna a be a tough battle for us, as parent`s to make sure our keiki`s stay safe... Now day`s hard cause both parents working to make ends meet. But gotta do what gotta do...
                JUST FOCUS!!!!
                bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Uh oh, Waipahu High School better move their operations outside of school. (j/k)

I think more security is needed to enforce this. And I mean real security guards, not those fat people who can't run more than a few feet w/out getting winded.
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                    I think more security is needed to enforce this. And I mean real security guards, not those fat people who can't run more than a few feet w/out getting winded.
                    Which is exactly how you're going to end up if you don't step away from the computer and get some exercise, kid. Now get outside and get some sun, young man!

Comment

I think every generation that went thru puberty had peer pressure with drugs in school. But the difference is that earlier generations didn't have to deal with the media creating all the hype, like 2 Fast 2 Furious and stupid video games like Grand Theft Auto and it's successors.

Anybody that gets a kick out of being a criminal on a video game has some issues and maybe a weekend at Kaneohe Mental State Hospital is in order. This is the kind of deteriorating mentality the NOW generation has to deal with. Unfortunately it's probably my generation (Baby Boomer) that created the industry that feeds our children's minds. Remember we Baby Boomers created MTV and VH1.

As for the drug dogs, yeah bring in dem dogs! School is no place for drugs and anyone who decries violation of civil rights has more to hide than they're screaming about.

And yes there is a war on drugs. We spend millions of taxpayers dollars to combat it's distribution and use. Active enforcement is taking a pro-active or offensive against crackheads who's only vision is the next fix and drug dealers who's only goal is making money by making others sick or victims.

If my kid ever was influenced by a drug dealer whether it be use or be a victim, I'd be out there cracking heads and leaving no trace of those bastards. Touch my kid and feel the pain braddah!
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

thank you Craig!! Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe

Anybody that gets a kick out of being a criminal on a video game has some issues and maybe a weekend at Kaneohe Mental State Hospital is in order. This is the kind of deteriorating mentality the NOW generation has to deal with. Unfortunately it's probably my generation (Baby Boomer) that created the industry that feeds our children's minds. Remember we Baby Boomers created MTV and VH1.

Yeah... but when we Baby Boomers made MTV, we made it to showcase video music...kinda like a video jukebox. Nowdays you gotta be lucky to ANY music video on MTV or VH1. It's not the MTV I first saw in 1980. What sad is that VH1 was created because MTV was cutting back on music video.
                          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                          Flickr

Comment

Nevah bring 'em to Pahoa High School. Da locals stay eat da dogs, and get high anyway!

(Is this going to affect my reputation?)

Comment

Yeah Pahoa High School is pretty tough!

As for MTV. It definately changed since it's inception way back then. VH1 was supposed to be the answer to toned down music that MTV morphed into.

None the less we are the generation that gave birth to that monster. And as parents of the Now generation we bear the bulk of the responsibility for bringing kids into this screwed up world that we messed up.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X