Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving to oahu

aloha to all of you!

i'm new here and this forum seems like the perfect place to talk about hawaii - the only thing on my mind right now! my husband and i have very recently decided to move to oahu for grad school. well it's still about 3 years until we can move, but that leaves plenty of time to plan and dream....

warm greetings to all of you from frosty germany,
    maria

Re: moving to oahu

Aloha Maria! Welcome to Hawaii Threads.com! My daughter was stationed in Germany two years! I forgot the name...long name. Anyway's see you on the boards!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by maria22
      well it's still about 3 years until we can move, but that leaves plenty of time to plan and dream....
      And research, Maria. You'll be moving to a very special and unique place, culturally, historically, linguistically, etc. If you study as much as you can about Hawai`i (or any place in the world, as you probably know) before going, you will gain so much more from the experience, and you will also create a lasting and positive impression on people who live there.

This board is a fascinating place to start - sometimes the conversations get feisty and heated, but they are generally motivated by a true sense of aloha.

Welcome!!!

Comment

thank you for the warm welcome!

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
        And research, Maria. You'll be moving to a very special and unique place, culturally, historically, linguistically, etc. If you study as much as you can about Hawai`i (or any place in the world, as you probably know) before going, you will gain so much more from the experience, and you will also create a lasting and positive impression on people who live there.Welcome!!!
        leo lakio, thank you for your thoughtful reply. it seems difficult to determine where to start with all the research, there is so much to find out...
        but i will try to use the time to my advantage, even though i feel like packing up and moving tomorrow

Comment

Working...
        X