OTC Cough Medicines Useless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTC Cough Medicines Useless?

A recent study suggest that cough medicines are no better than a placebo. I am confused because I think they work great and do help quiet coughs.
    If this report is true, what home remedies do you use? Pass it on.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: OTC Cough Medicines Useless?

it probably depends on what sickness you have. if its a post nasal drip then its coming from a source above. its probably going help very little as it drips. for a dry and itchy throat, it might help more.

Comment

robitussin pm is da bomb.

Comment

Steam to loosen the phlegm, drink lots of liquid to dilute it to make it easier to cough it up, gargle with warm salt water to soothe the scratchy throat. "Wet" coughs are actually useful; it's the dry coughs that are the buggers. "Plain" Robitussin is the best because it doesn't have chemicals in it that are bad for you if you have a heart condition. If your cough keeps you awake at night or goes on for a long time, go to the doctor and get some cough medicine with codeine! If you start coughing up yellow or green stuff, go see the doc asap. You might be on the way to a case of walking pneumonia.

Best thing to do is keep from getting sick in the first place (frequent handwashing is the best way), and if you get sick, stay home!

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

and stay away from dairy!

...he sez while munching a quesadilla...

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            and stay away from dairy!

...he sez while munching a quesadilla...
            No matter how sick I am, I'll still eat ice cream
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

Working...
            X