Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seattle... You getting pounded worst than Hilo! Need an Arc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle... You getting pounded worst than Hilo! Need an Arc?

Damn Seattle Hawaiians... feeling the clouds over head there?

27 straight days of Rain?

Noahs Arc was a float for 44 days and 44 nights? (Just kidding)

Can we send you guys some sunshine?

"And there's plenty of storm water — it rained for 27 days straight, just shy of the 33-day record, before clearing up Sunday."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060116/.../rainy_seattle

Re: Seattle... You getting pounded worst than Hilo! Need an Arc?

ROFL! Make that 28 days in a row now! We had a few sun breaks yesterday, but it's raining again today (I don't know if seeing the sun for a nanosecond yesterday counts as having broken the streak, though). We've come this far; I'd like us to break the record of 33 days. To have the sun come out all day right now or the rain stop and just have the sky be overcast (which is more typical winter weather for us) would be like the Seahawks making it into the Superbowl and losing by a field goal.

The weather we're experiencing here is partly the result of the weather you're having in Hawai'i, so I'm going to blame this rain on Hawai'i.

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; January 16, 2006, 08:09 AM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Sending some Hawai'i Sunshine via Cyber Power to you Miulang and the gang there! POOF! It's there!!!!!!!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I think you must have sent us some birthday sunshine, Lynn - and it arrived yesterday. It was nice to get out and walk the neighborhood for a couple hours, actually wearing sunglasses.

But I don't think your latest batch will arrive in time today - you might have sent it USPS, and they are off today for the King holiday.

So, I leave tomorrow for a few days working in Charlotte, NC --- and they are predicting some rain there, too!

Comment

It is getting ridiculous!

We did not break the record though, because there was no measurable rain at Sea-Tac yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalalinder
            It is getting ridiculous!

We did not break the record though, because there was no measurable rain at Sea-Tac yesterday.
            Shoot! I was on the Eastside yesterday driving around Snoqualmie and North Bend, and it was raining over there! So the counters have to get reset again. This reminds me of that movie "Groundhog Day". Ate lunch at Twede, the restaurant that was the setting for the TV series "Twin Peaks". Didn't eat their cherry pie, though.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I'm sending a double Whammy of Hawai'i Sunshine to you all! Nerve of the person who gave me a negative red gum foa sending the one earlier! Coward, leave your name! Whack whacks to you for the rest of the year! BACHI!

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I feel for all my friends who live up there. But they are used to the rain already and I guess rain is a little better than freezing cold snow. At least to me it would be!!! It better stop before I get up there in March

Comment

Originally posted by Shan-n
                  I feel for all my friends who live up there. But they are used to the rain already and I guess rain is a little better than freezing cold snow. At least to me it would be!!! It better stop before I get up there in March
                  We aren't used to rain like this, and freezing snow would be better because there is so much property damage now from water and mudslides.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalalinder
                    We aren't used to rain like this, and freezing snow would be better because there is so much property damage now from water and mudslides.
                    Oh my goodness. I had no idea that it was that bad! Hopefully it will let up SOON!!

Comment

Not everybody in the state of Washington was affected by the rain as badly as those people who were unfortunate enough to build on the sides of hills (or at the base of a hill) or in flood plains or along the banks of rivers. What we got was just Mother Nature's way of telling us who the REAL boss is.

I never could understand why a person would pay a premium to have a houselot on the side (or bottom) of a steep hill, where not only does it cost more because of the "view", but in order to keep the house from sliding, you then have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for retaining walls and bulkheads to keep the thing from sliding away! Insurance on places like that must be horrendous. But I guess the people who have the money can build (and rebuild) whereever they danged well please.

Miulang
                      Last edited by Miulang; January 18, 2006, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                        Not everybody in the state of Washington was affected by the rain as badly as those people who were unfortunate enough to build on the sides of hills (or at the base of a hill) or in flood plains or along the banks of rivers. What we got was just Mother Nature's way of telling us who the REAL boss is.

I never could understand why a person would pay a premium to have a houselot on the side (or bottom) of a steep hill, where not only does it cost more because of the "view", but in order to keep the house from sliding, you then have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for retaining walls and bulkheads to keep the thing from sliding away! Insurance on places like that must be horrendous. But I guess the people who have the money can build (and rebuild) whereever they danged well please.

Miulang
                        You got that right Miulang.

Luckily, I am not rich, and our neighborhood is on a hill in Federal Way, not far from N.E. Tacoma, Our house is on the down side of the street, so we're not sliding, just dealing with some standing water for now.

Comment

Let it STOP! I swear...I think I'm beginning to feel the symptoms of S.A.D (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
                          http://www.swedish.org/14537.cfm

Lemmie go back staring at beautiful sunny pics of Hawai'i .

Comment

Working...
                          X