Rolling Stones in Concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Stones in Concert

Heard mention this afternoon on KPOI that the Stones may be performing in Aloha Stadium in April, as well. I didn't hear anything definitive for date, but the radio guy Dave Lawrence made it sound like it was pretty much a sure thing. Anybody have more info?

Blaine
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Re: Rolling Stones in April, too???

I think it was Tom Moffatt that told me the cost of bringing the equipment over makes a concert at Aloha stadium no longer economically feasable...

Comment

So you're saying that there IS a Stones concert, just not in the stadium??

Comment

Wow, 3 rock concerts in April. Stones, U2 and Steve Miller Band.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
          So you're saying that there IS a Stones concert, just not in the stadium??
          I believe the Stones keep to their standards of the usual big productions with the requisite props/lighting. etc. and won't do anything less than Aloha and won't do Aloha cuz of the exp. of transport.

cheaper and more lucrative to stay on mainland.

Comment

Originally posted by na alii
            Wow, 3 rock concerts in April. Stones, U2 and Steve Miller Band.
            Plus Elvis Costello in March. It's going to be a crazy spring.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

>>>I believe the Stones keep to their standards of the usual big productions with the requisite props/lighting. etc. and won't do anything less than Aloha and won't do Aloha cuz of the exp. of transport.

cheaper and more lucrative to stay on mainland.
              <<<

True. But having multiple dates that sell out would help with the costs. The bad part is that these large shows are not cheap, and having them all crammed in the same month or two makes it hard on ticket buyers.

Comment

Here's the deal from their 1998 shows:

http://starbulletin.com/98/01/26/features/story1.html

Rolling Stones earn more than $3 million for their Hawaii shows

THE towering columns, the hydraulic bridge and the mammoth Babylonian goddess are headed back to the mainland, just 48 hours after a concert series that may have been the highest grossing in Hawaii's history.

Workers dismantled the gigantic set pieces yesterday, removing all traces of the Rolling Stones' concert appearances at Aloha Stadium. Evertything is to be packed into 23 shipping containers bound for Los Angeles.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by dick
                  True. But having multiple dates that sell out would help with the costs.
                  thell that to their accountants who they ask; "How can we make millions more per gig? what would be our least lucrative shows"
                  "Hawaii"
                  "ok, that's out"

Comment

Well if they come again I will definitely be there!! I was only 21 when they came in 1998. I was not a Rolling Stones fan. But I wanted to see them and I went with my parents to the concert. It was by far the best concert I have been to! Those guys can still rock after all of these years!

Comment

Dave Lawrence updated his story this afternoon. He originally said that the Stones would play April 22 in the Stadium. But he said today, the story has changed. He said we should look to see the Stones in a series of concerts, similar to the Eagles, in the Arena.

Blaine

Comment

I saw the Stones live in the Kingdome awhile back (I think it was that 1998 tour referred to above). Even back then, Mick was old. We sat in the nosebleed seats. What I can remember of that concert: fantastic sets (a friend of mine helped build them), too loud music, pricey tickets and the smell of burning pakalolo

Miulang
                        Last edited by Miulang; January 18, 2006, 07:01 PM.
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Shan-n
                          I was only 21 when they came in 1998. I was not a Rolling Stones fan. But I wanted to see them and I went with my parents to the concert. It was by far the best concert I have been to!
                          I've been fortunate to have seen the Stones probably 10 times since the early 1970s, so I wasn't desperate to go to the 1998 show. But a friend had a spare ticket, so I went primarily to see the opening act, the young blues guitar prodigy, Jonny Lang.
                          Awesome.
                          If the Stones do come in April, whether I go or not will probably depend on who the opening act will be.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I recently talked to someone who is very close to stadium managment, and he said they have heard nothing regarding any concert proposals regarding the Rolling Stones. This was 2 days ago.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I think I heard last week on that drivetime show on 105.9 "KPOI" that their source close to the Stones said nothing planned for Hawaii for April.

Coulda been the best Aypo evah

Comment

Working...
                              X