Drive time question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive time question

You guys did such a great job the last time I asked this type of question, I'm back again needing your input.

I have to be at the Hilton Hawaiian Village at 7:15am on Friday morning. I am coming from Pearl City taking the Waimalu on-ramp. How long should I allow? Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Drive time question

Originally posted by glossyp
    You guys did such a great job the last time I asked this type of question, I'm back again needing your input.

I have to be at the Hilton Hawaiian Village at 7:15am on Friday morning. I am coming from Pearl City taking the Waimalu on-ramp. How long should I allow? Thanks in advance for your help!

How important is your 7:15 meeting?

If it's very important... meaning... you'll lose money if you don't make it there on time... then I'd leave at least 90 minutes early....(could be a car wreck or anything on the freeway.)

Also, Friday traffic is usually a little more busy than other days.

Comment

Yeah, with an arrival time near 7:15 a.m., you're talking peak of the crunch, and a couple of stalled cars can make the difference between a 40 minute drive and an hour. Especially since your final destination is in/near Waikiki.

Having once lived in Waikiki, I used to marvel how you could drive from Mililani to the tourist Mecca, take about an hour (on a busy day), and end up covering 95 percent of the distance in the first half hour, and those last few miles in the second.

Leave at least by 6:15, and I'd recommend 6 even, which is when things really start to bog down anyway. If you have a great drive and arrive 40 minutes early, hey, take the time to read your notes, have a bagel and a cup of coffee, and watch the sun rise.

Comment

I would spend the night at the Alana Doubletree, and walk over at 7:00am. appearing fresh and spiffy.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
          I would spend the night at the Alana Doubletree, and walk over at 7:00am. appearing fresh and spiffy.
          LOL! That's what the better half recommended! Thanks to all for the info - it looks like one bloody early morning is what the budget and reality require.

Comment

Working...
          X