No announcement yet.

Anyone recommend a good driving school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone recommend a good driving school?

After a couple of years of not driving and having my first experience with the DOE's driver's ed class, I'm ready to drive again (I just realized that I need to get my own wheels if I want to expand my computer biz, and to get a job).

Where would you send your child to learn how to drive again?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Anyone recommend a good driving school?

Granted I have no personal experience with the company, but a ladyfriend learned well and enjoyed A+ Driving School. I think they use only the "new" VW Bugs, at least that's all I've seen around.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I always recommend the guy who taught me to drive, Glenn Oide, of Accurate Driving. His brother, Ralf, also does driver's education (Back to Basics Driving). Glenn used to be the instructor at Punahou, before they took it in house. You can reach them at (808) 735-1604 and (808) 395-6414, respectively.

Both are certified, of course, and you can find a list of (supposedly) all certified instructors here:

http://www.hawaii.gov/dot/publicaffa...instructor.htm

Comment

bump.

My Mom is going to pay for the driving school, so that I can drive my friend to music gigs (and that I can better service my clients better, and hopefully get this computer business off the ground.)
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Have you chosen an instructor or company yet? My recommendation above still stands. Though I'm sure A+ gets a lot of business just 'cause folks want to drive those new Beetles!

Comment

John and Lisa Kennedy. Nice folks.

John Kennedy
            Drivers Education Hawaii
            Classroom & Behind the Wheel
            383-5160

Comment

Working...
            X