Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui No Ka Oi

Howzit Every1!

I believe I found a better place to kinda hang out [Hawaiithreads.com]. Grew up and raised in Wahiawa [Leilehua grad of course] but moved to Maui in 1985 and the Upcountry community has been home ever since.

Well, I look forward to meeting you all!

Aloha!

Re: Maui No Ka Oi

Welcome! Is good fun here!
    Aloha,
    Mokihana

Comment

Hui Mauiguru:
      You stay Makawao side upcountry or Kula side? My parents get one house Kula side. Whenever we go holoholo over there, we stay up here because I like da weather better den Kahului or Wailuku side (that's why I stay in Seattle now).

What you think about there being more Mainland kine guys buying houses on Maui den locals? Scary, yeah?

A hui hou,
      Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Howzit Mokihana!

En Den Muilang,

Yup, stay in Makawao just oustside of MauiUplands. Just love the weather hea. Just like Wahiawa wea I grew up. I had a choice of buying Upcountry or building one house in Kahului and like you said da wether downtown only stay hot in da summer. I love the cool weather and i no kea about the rain.

Yah the haoles stay buying all the big properties now, but it's the local people who are selling the land for the big bucks. The real estate market here is just getting totally out of hand. They call half a million affordable.

Seattle must be nice too huh?

Comment

Originally posted by mauiguru
          Howzit Mokihana!

En Den Muilang,

Yup, stay in Makawao just oustside of MauiUplands....
          Seattle must be nice too huh?
          Is that up by Hui Noeau? Between Paia and the Makawao military cemetary?

Yeah, Seattle is nice. At least I can afford to live here and only work one job! It's nice to be able to hop in the car and drive hundreds of miles to another state or country!

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Some nice and cool Up-Country Maui. My parents live in Pukalani, and one braddah live Makawao. Nice for go up country during holiday season and sleep over my parents hale. Yeah, Kahului hot as ever, sometimes gotta blast the a/c for get comfortable.... You made a good choice going up-country.
            Even what they asking for in Central Maui is nut`$$$$$$$....
            I grew up in Kipapa Gulch, I`m sure you know where that is. For those who don`t, It`s before you get to Wahiawa.....
            Still remember the airplane bridge!!!!!!
            MAUI NO KA OI
            OGGBOY
            bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
              Is that up by Hui Noeau? Between Paia and the Makawao military cemetary?

Yeah, Seattle is nice. At least I can afford to live here and only work one job! It's nice to be able to hop in the car and drive hundreds of miles to another state or country!

Miulang
              No sistah, Maui Uplands is in Makawao. Pretty much in da middle. Near where the horse stables are [Wea the vet stay].

My nephew now lives up in northern California for some jc college and he gets to Seattle a few times and he said he loves it there.

Go Seahawks!

Comment

Working...
              X