RIP Tony Franciosa (Jan. 20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Tony Franciosa (Jan. 20)

"...He was born Anthony Papaleo in October 1928, in New York City. He was 1 when his father disappeared, and the boy grew up tough in Manhattan slums. "Getting in the first blow was something I learned in childhood," he said in an interview.

After working in odd jobs and sometimes sleeping in flophouses, at 18 he attended an audition for actors at the YMCA. and was chosen for two plays. He later studied at the Actors Studio and the New School for Social Research. Adopting his mother's maiden name, Franciosa, he began getting roles in television and the theater. "A Hatful of Rain" made him a star..."

One of his wives was Shelley Winters, who also died last week.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: RIP Tony Franciosa (Jan. 20)

I don't quite know why, but this post reminds me that where my poor mother in law (God rest her soul) is buried, she is surrounded by two people that she could *not* stand when they were all living.

There is nothing more bittersweet than watching her widower laugh, cuss and shake his head at such a fate...being as he is gonna be buried there someday.

pax

Comment

Re: RIP Tony Franciosa (Jan. 20)

Was a fan of his series Name of the Game which is underrated, star-studded and should be released on DVD, but it ran 90 minutes each episode if I remember right.

Also loved his series Finder of Lost Loves, I swear when that show debuted in 1984 replacing my favorite series at the time, Fantasy Island, I thought the show would be on the air for years but was yanked after one season as America was getting sitcom happy in the mid 80's.

I should dig out my episodes of Finder of Lost Loves and look at the old local commercials on KITV from 21 years ago!!!

KalihiBoy

Comment

Working...
      X