Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my trip to hawaii!!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share the week long trip
    my wife and I (and her parents) took to Hawaii!

click here to read my story and view the pictures

There's lots of cool pictures and descriptions of the places we went.
    We went to Oahu for a week, and since my in-laws lived there for 4 years, they knew everything about the place! It was great.

I hope you enjoy my pictures
    Last edited by carlhuber; January 25, 2006, 07:51 AM.

Re: my trip to hawaii!!

Originally posted by carlhuber
    my wife and I (and her parents) took to Hawaii!

http://warehouse.carlh.com/article_055

We went to Oahu for a week, and since my in-laws lived there for 4 years, they knew everything about the place! It was great.

I hope you enjoy my pictures
    I tried to look at your pictures but no can.

Glad you all had a wonderful vacation.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Well I'm not sure why you can't just click on the link, but if you copy and paste it into your browser's address bar the page, with the pictures in it, will come up just fine! I broke the pictures up by each day, so you'll have to click on "day 2" and "day 3" etc to see the other pictures....

edit: okay, i fixed it. I must have put the code in wrong. But it will work now!!!

Comment

I took a look at your story and pictures. I stopped at Chinatown. There's more to Chinatown than Indingos and a truckload of Dead Pigs. Nuff said. The main thing is that you enjoyed your stay in Hawai'i nei.

Auntie Lynn of Chinatown!
        momthreesoldeirs
        Last edited by 1stwahine; January 25, 2006, 08:06 AM.

Comment

my wife and I took to Hawaii!

click here to read my story and view the pictures

hmmm. ok. nice healthy dose of cynicism, ridicule, insult and complaining.

addendum.... I just read more.
          ok, wrong. not insulting.
          it's Very Insulting. heck yeah!
          Last edited by kimo55; January 25, 2006, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Clicked your link and somehow I think you failed to capture the essence of Hawaii. You totally fell into the "tourist" thing.

Anyway, hope your next trip here unveils more of Hawaii to you.

Comment

reminds one of da old saw;
              "everything is yellow, to the jaundiced eye"

eh. Aunty.
              da haole buggah, he wen go diss our Chinatown.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                hmmm. ok. nice healthy dose of cynicism, ridicule, insult and complaining.
                Hahaha, really? Obviously you were reading the writing with a very
                incorrect frame of mind. Fact of the matter is, the "authentic" stuff has
                become a lot more commercial in the last decade, so yes I may be cynical
                about that, but, uh, you seem to have misunderstood the rest of my writing.
                I had a great time.

Thanks for letting me know it sounds cynical -
                I might take another look at the writing and try to cheer it up a little.

Because you all seem to be getting the wrong impression of my impression!
                Last edited by carlhuber; January 25, 2006, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Hahaha, really? Obviously you were reading the writing with a very
                  incorrect frame of mind. Fact of the matter is, the "authentic" stuff has
                  become a lot more commercial in the last decade, so yes I may be cynical
                  about that, but, uh, you seem to have misunderstood the rest of my writing.
                  I had a great time.
                  just wondering, since your spouse spent a few years here (is she from here?)
                  why didn't you do the non-tourist things and really capture what Hawaii is all about? unless that wasn't what you wanted to do.

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree
                    just wondering, since your spouse spent a few years here (is she from here?)
                    why didn't you do the non-tourist things and really capture what Hawaii is all about? unless that wasn't what you wanted to do.

My wife's family was a naval family. She spent four years growing up in the military housing, where all (almost all) of the native kids discriminated against her and her brother.

We did spend some time going to places that are military only, (neither tourist nor native, eh?) such as certain military-only beaches and islands. That was pretty fun.

What would you guys suggest we should have done to see "non tourist" things?
                    Last edited by carlhuber; January 25, 2006, 08:34 AM.

Comment

uh. hmmm. stay in new york?
                      Rock on east coast dude.

yea. "ignorant surfers"
                      and WE are the ones with "VERY incorrect frame of mind".
                      But that is all that matters; that you had a great time.
                      Last edited by kimo55; January 25, 2006, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                        uh. hmmm. stay in new york?
                        Rock on east coast dude.

yea. "ignorant surfers"
                        and WE are the ones with "VERY incorrect frame of mind".

oh my god you misread that SO bad.

you guys are being so negative.

"ignorant, peaceful seals"
                        ignorant, peaceful SEALS.

the surfers were awesome. i was making a comparison between the "waiting" for waves and the floating of seals, NOT insulting the surfers.

Wow.

If you're taking this: "Watching sufers is kind of fun, I mean, they're like a bunch of ignorant, peaceful seals laying out on the flow awaiting 'their' waves, when a few of them hop up and ride them out. Good times." as me insulting surfers, then man I was grossly misinformed about the Aloha spirit.
                        Last edited by carlhuber; January 25, 2006, 08:52 AM.

Comment

My wife's family was a naval family. She spent four years growing up in the military housing, where all (almost all) of the native kids discriminated against her and her brother.

We did spend some time going to places that are military only, (neither tourist nor native, eh?) such as certain military-only beaches and islands. That was pretty fun.

what was your objective to come to Oahu? I mean why Oahu? why not the other islands? did your wife just want to revisit where she was stationed? do you have any family living on Oahu?

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree
                            what was your objective to come to Oahu? I mean why Oahu? why not the other islands? did your wife just want to revisit where she was stationed? do you have any family living on Oahu?
                            My wife and her folks wanted to visit the places they had been, seen where they spent four years of their lives, and show me where they had grown up. They also knew a lot of great out of the way areas, so we didn't have to bum around the touristy areas.
                            Also because of their military service they had earned the right to stay in the military-only hotel in the area (which, by the way, was very nice), which is a lot cheaper for them than at other hotels.

Comment

Native kids discriminated against her and her brother? Come on, we have laws here.

Military-only beaches and islands that was "pretty" fun? Ok- beaches I can understand. Where's the islands? As far as using the term "pretty" watch your mouth around Soldiers in shorts!

What would you guys suggest we should have done to see "non tourist" things? I suggest what Kimo said!

Auntie pUpuLe
                              momthreesoldiers

btw: Nobody talks Kakas about My Chinatown!

Comment

Working...
                              X