The New World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New World

My hubby & I just saw the movie : "The New World"(2005).

I think it was great!. I would recommend it. The young lady as Pocahantas, she is actually 17 years old in real life, there was an actual story of her in the newspaper a while back.

She is from here, & was found dancing with a group in waikiki.

Here is the link to the movie: http://www.thenewworldmovie.com/

Hope you can see the movie yourself, & give what your thoughts on it.

Inquiring mind would like to know.

So, what movies have you seen & whether you recommend it or not.

Aloha. :-)
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Movie(s) you have seen, recommendable or not?

I have heard alot of good about this flik.
    saw a long 'making of' on the telly. very cool. MUCH attention to histroic detail and interest in getting things gritty earthy real rather than polished hollywood look.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      I have heard alot of good about this flik.
      saw a long 'making of' on the telly. very cool. MUCH attention to histroic detail and interest in getting things gritty earthy real rather than polished hollywood look.
      Yup,I quite agree. I belive, from my hubby's point of view, he said that he thinks one of the parts of the movie that was shot, was filmed in Kauai.

Perhaps, we will go to Kauai to visit again (someday).

Aloha & God Bless.
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
        My hubby & I just saw the movie : "The New World"(2005).

I think it was great!. I would recommend it. The young lady as Pocahantas, she is actually 17 years old in real life, there was an actual story of her in the newspaper a while back.
        I saw it last weekend and I really liked it. I think most of the audience thought they were in for an action movie, because fully half of the theater walked out.

Q'orianka Kilcher was remarkable...if you've seen any of Terrence Malick's other films (The Thin Red Line, Badlands), you know he goes easy on the dialogue so it's left to the actors to express themselves without words. Not only is she a very good actress, but she is absolutely stunning. For the first half hour you are just in awe of her beauty.

Q'orianka is actually 15 (she turns 16 next month) according to this Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q'Orianka_Kilcher

ETA: Oops, I wanted to post a link to this interview with her. She sounds very mature and down-to-earth:
        http://movies.monstersandcritics.com...rianka_Kilcher
        Last edited by Tiabla; January 26, 2006, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiabla
          I saw it last weekend and I really liked it. I think most of the audience thought they were in for an action movie, because fully half of the theater walked out.

Q'orianka Kilcher was remarkable...if you've seen any of Terrence Malick's other films (The Thin Red Line, Badlands), you know he goes easy on the dialogue so it's left to the actors to express themselves without words. Not only is she a very good actress, but she is absolutely stunning. For the first half hour you are just in awe of her beauty.

Q'orianka is actually 15 (she turns 16 next month) according to this Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q'Orianka_Kilcher

ETA: Oops, I wanted to post a link to this interview with her. She sounds very mature and down-to-earth:
          http://movies.monstersandcritics.com...rianka_Kilcher
          From what I heard about the love scene between Colin Farrell and Kilcher it's almost like watching a pedophile, Is it really that bad?
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
            From what I heard about the love scene between Colin Farrell and Kilcher it's almost like watching a pedophile, Is it really that bad?
            No, it's not bad at all. The whole movie is rather chaste. They share a couple kisses, and there are no sex scenes.

Apparently the director cut over 20 minutes of footage from the original version that was in limited released before Christmas, so it's possible that other, more racy scenes existed in that version.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiabla
              No, it's not bad at all. The whole movie is rather chaste. They share a couple kisses, and there are no sex scenes.

Apparently the director cut over 20 minutes of footage from the original version that was in limited released before Christmas, so it's possible that other, more racy scenes existed in that version.
              Then can I take a 12year old or should he stick with Disney's Pocohantas?
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X