Survivor 12 :Exile Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivor 12 :Exile Island

Can a Asian win Survivor? After the last all Caucasian Survivor it's nice to see a little ethnic diversity in the show again.

In the history of Survivor Bruce is the only third Asian to appear on the show. Daniel sucked, and Shii Ann was twice a loser. I'm no racist, but since they are too few Asians on TV, it's nice to see them represented.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Survivor 12 :Exile Island

Originally posted by alohabear
    Can a Asian win Survivor? After the last all Caucasian Survivor it's nice to see a little ethnic diversity in the show again.

In the history of Survivor Bruce is the only third Asian to appear on the show. Daniel sucked, and Shii Ann was twice a loser. I'm no racist, but since they are too few Asians on TV, it's nice to see them represented.
    Funny, when I was just in Hawaii I couldn't help but notice all the asian faces on the local commercials.

I'd give this guy Bruce no better than a 6.25% chance of winning. Call me racist.

Did you see that Richard Hatch got convicted and fined for tax evasion. Years in jail and a $600,000 fine.
    Last edited by sinjin; January 26, 2006, 12:00 PM.
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
      Funny, when I was just in Hawaii I couldn't help but notice all the asian faces on the local commercials.

I'd give this guy Bruce no better than a 6.25% chance of winning. Call me racist.

Did you see that Richard Hatch got convicted and fined for tax evasion. Years in jail and a $600,000 fine.
      Stupid Rich! He got 15 years in jail.

Flickr

Comment

Stupid Rich! He got 15 years in jail.
        I can't believe he'll actually serve time but you never know.

Great idea for an upcoming season: "Survivor San Quentin"

Has a nice ring to it. Inmates would compete for "reward"; that being Richard of course and "immunity" could be the night off for Richard.
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

Okay, is it just me that thinks Bruce taking the time to do his poser Karate thing for the camera only to be seen in the rain later after dark without shelter was funny as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
            Okay, is it just me that thinks Bruce taking the time to do his poser Karate thing for the camera only to be seen in the rain later after dark without shelter was funny as hell.
            I wonder if Bruce has any Hawaii ties because I did catch him flash the "shaka" and say howzit braddahs when he joined the tribe at the end.

Flickr

Comment

I wonder if Bruce has any Hawaii ties because I did catch him flash the "shaka" and say howzit braddahs when he joined the tribe at the end.
              I did notice that and good for him after being snubbed in the team picking.

Comment

Can't find any biographical information to that effect, but I wouldn't doubt it. Third-generation Japanese American on the West Coast? Three degrees of separation at most, I'd bet. Maybe his parents? Family or in-laws? He does wear a "Hawaiian shirt" for his cast photo, lists "mango" as a favorite food, and is very active in Shotokan Karate (which has several dojos here).

Of course, it just might be the California surf scene. Or all the Hawaii kids at CSU Northridge.

Seems an excitement junkie who boasts several brushes with death. Bitten by a snake on a golf course? And then recreating the moment for another TV show?

Comment

Watching the Olympics the other night I see the Finnish snowboarder guy flash a shaka to the cameras after his run.

Comment

Working...
                  X