Men and Women...just friends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men and Women...just friends?

Just a question .... Can a man(not gay) be good friends( hang out...pals)with a woman without being attracted to her? Or would she just be breaking his heart one day?

I say unless something doesn't attract you about a woman ... a man can just "hang out".
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Men and Women...just friends?

Nothing wrong with that, I get plenty wahine friends and we all treat each other like braddah and sista. As the local way, and no I not (gay). I stay married with Children and grand-children....
    OGGBOY
    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Most of the time yeah but a few becomes more than just friends.
      - Manuel

Comment

This theory led to a lot of controversy among my friends, and I actually also lost a friendship due to it, but here it is for those of you who may not be familiar:

The Ladder Theory

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy
          Nothing wrong with that, I get plenty wahine friends and we all treat each other like braddah and sista. As the local way, and no I not (gay). I stay married with Children and grand-children....
          OGGBOY
          OGGBoy
          Do you find them all attractive or did you not notice?
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
            This theory led to a lot of controversy among my friends, and I actually also lost a friendship due to it, but here it is for those of you who may not be familiar:

The Ladder Theory
            Oh lord! That's great.

Comment

ALOHABEAR,
              Dog`s no way, Very attractive with great personality. How can one not notice!
              Like I said, Like Braddah`s and Sista`s, Nuff said.......
              bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                Just a question .... Can a man(not gay) be good friends( hang out...pals)with a woman without being attracted to her? Or would she just be breaking his heart one day?

I say unless something doesn't attract you about a woman ... a man can just "hang out".
                You know what they say...

"The best relationships start out as friends first"

And is there anything wrong with "friends with benefits..." as long
                as both parties agree that is where they want there relationship to be...is just...
                "Friends with benefits?"

Comment

Da rule me and da kane get is : "Can look, but no touch!" I get plenty male kine friends but we treat each other like bruddahs and titas. Hard enough get one full time kane as it is, why would I want more pilikia den that? Da kane I get I going keep because he's da one who does his own laundry and usually does da vacuuming lidat. All I gotta do is make da kaukau and stay out of his way when he get da cleaning bug up his okole!

Miulang
                  Last edited by Miulang; January 26, 2006, 05:48 PM.
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

The Alpha Female & I have a "yow" signal - if either of us sees an attractive female first, we whisper "yow!" to the other one, so we can both appreciate the view. Nothing more than that - complete trust.
                    She knows that my eyes may stray, but they always come home to her.
                    As she phrases it, "they can't have you." Works for me.

Comment

Eh one of my best drinking buddies is one wahine...lesbian on the butchy side but you never said the woman could be gay.

But for all things considered with everyone being heterosexual. I think it's just human nature for one of those "friends" to cross the lines of friendship and go into uncharted waters. Best thing with friends is to keep that relationship as friends. Once you cross that line everyday becomes weider and weider until someone gets too uncomfortable and calls the friendship quits.

I mean look what happened to all those characters in that hit sit-com "Friends"
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                        The Alpha Female & I have a "yow" signal - if either of us sees an attractive female first, we whisper "yow!" to the other one, so we can both appreciate the view. Nothing more than that - complete trust.
                        She knows that my eyes may stray, but they always come home to her.
                        As she phrases it, "they can't have you." Works for me.
                        Does that go for attractive males, too?!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                          Eh one of my best drinking buddies is one wahine...lesbian on the butchy side but you never said the woman could be gay.

But for all things considered with everyone being heterosexual. I think it's just human nature for one of those "friends" to cross the lines of friendship and go into uncharted waters. Best thing with friends is to keep that relationship as friends. Once you cross that line everyday becomes weider and weider until someone gets too uncomfortable and calls the friendship quits.

I mean look what happened to all those characters in that hit sit-com "Friends"

I meant to write wierder...that still doesn't look right

Anyway the general rule of thumb is that a friend will always be friend. If you cherish that relationship that way, don't mess it up.

If you go in with the notion that you will never be attracted to this friend you're either a closet homosexual, or you're that ignorant. Prove me wrong? Here's the test: You're a male and your female roomate just invited a male lover over for the night.

Question: How do you feel?

Now let's say both of you normally keep your bedroom doors open when both of you head off to sleep but tonight she closed the door.

Question: Getting anxious?

She locks the door

Question: Getting a bit jealous?

Next morning he leaves she gets up and you see each other at the breakfast table

Question: What are you going to ask her?

She says it's none of your business

Question: Feeling a bit upset?

Hey as a guy if your roommate brought home a hot chic, the next morning would be cause for some major celebration: Yeah Baby you scored big time daddy!!!

Trust me platonic relationships never stay platonic forever. They either grow into something more intimate...or they dissolve with disgust.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I say yes but wives never understand.....

Comment

I say that intergender friendships do exist, they're just not the norm. Usually the male would want more than the female in most of these instances.
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X