Na Hoku Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Na Hoku Awards

The awards are tonight yet there seems to be no mention of them anywhere on the internet other than the newspaper websites?! The alt.music.hawaiian newsgroup is near death and so I thought maybe there would be something here. Does anyone have any opinions or guesses or comments about moving the Hokus from the Sheraton to the HHV and raising the price to $95 or any other comments?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Na Hoku Awards

I've never attended the ceremony, so I can't offer any commentary on the venue. I did post this topic to sister site HawaiiStories come, which prompted some discussion. For what it's worth, you can find the list of nominees on the Star-Bulletin site.

Did any of your faves make the list? Which do you think deserve the kudos? And who do you think is missing?

Comment

The site to watch is: http://www.mele.com/

Nominees are listed, info about their recordings, and I am sure one of the first places winners will be noted on the Internet is at Auntie Maria's site.

Comment

May I have the envelope, please?

Reichel wins big at the Hokus
        The kumu hula's seven awards include Album of the Year

2004 Na Hoku Hanohano Award winners
        Reichel, rookie win big at Na Hoku

I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for Kainani Kahaunaele...

Comment

Na Hoku Awards at Fanaddicts

Aloha, I have just recently joined this forum and I'm proud to say I have been invited and attended the Hoku's for the last two years, as I represent Danny Couch, and do his Fan Appreciation Site.
          As for my opinion about moving the awards from the Sheraton to the HHV, personally I think it was a mistake. The showroom is much smaller, seating was terribly cramped, lighting was terrible (there was a huge floodlight directed into the audience which made visibility impossible) and the room was elongated with made good seats limited. Dinner was good, for what you actually get to eat with all the excitement. My biggest dissapointment was that there was no big to-do red carpet entry for the stars. This is something that fans look for and watch on TV. The ability to mingle was difficult both before and after the show, photos impossible due to room size.
          I do have information, slideshows and videos on my site if you would like to view, I welcome you
          Danny Couch Fanaddicts

http://www.dannycouchfanaddicts.com

Comment

Working...
          X