Jeep-ers creepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep-ers creepers

It looks like I'm going to get a serious steal on a 1999 Jeep Wrangler. The price is so good that I figure it'll be a fun 'second car' (and good as a loaner for when guests visit) and fun weekend toy. Just curious if anyone has any comments about the Wranglers and/or knows anyone who works on 'em, best places to get parts and upgrades, etc.
    (BTW, it's a ragtop... 5-speed... only a 4-banger, but dang the little buggah is fast even with the little engine. So little weight to move, I guess.)
    I know one of the knocks on Wranglers is that there's no lockable storage; I plan to pull out the back seat and install a storage box that has a hasp and lock.
    Anyway, any comments or tips would be mucho appreciato.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Jeep-ers creepers

I'm glad they changed the position of the speedo in relation to the shifter.

One year on the mainland I was mud-bogging with a friend's jeep. I did a hard shift from second to third and my mud soaked hand slipped off the shifter and punched the big round speedometer right thru the glass. Everytime I see a shattered speedo bezel I have to ask the driver, "third gear right?"
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Re: Jeep-ers creepers

www.4wheelparts.com will be your best friend for upgrades and parts.

The aftermarket for Wranglers is so large you can get just about anything you need cheaper and stronger than factory replacements.
      Got Absinthe?

Comment

Working...
      X