A Big Texas Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Big Texas Howdy

New member here and this is my first post.

The wife and I were part time residents of Kailua-Kona for several years. We had a condo in Kalanikai right in the heart of Kailua on the Kuakini Hwy. We both love Hawaii and plan to return this year for our 40th. Anniversary this year. Of course we will be going to Kona.

I am a veteran of forums, being a moderator and administrator, but also looking forward to this forum as a member. I have been looking for a forum on Hawaii.

BTW Keiki under my name is cute!

In closing, here is my most favorite photo:
    Blog Of Hawaii
    High Definition Blog

Re: A Big Texas Howdy

Originally posted by rbinck
    New member here and this is my first post.

The wife and I were part time residents of Kailua-Kona for several years. We had a condo in Kalanikai right in the heart of Kailua on the Kuakini Hwy. We both love Hawaii and plan to return this year for our 40th. Anniversary this year. Of course we will be going to Kona.
    [...]
    Welcome, rbinck! Gorgeous photo. I've always said if I could make a living in Kona I'd live in Kona. Then I go to Lahaina and say the same thing! The ambience of both those areas reminds me of my home town. So, I make a living in Honolulu and live in Makaha. No complaints!

An early Happy Anniversary. Congratulations on 40 years.

Comment

How bout dem Longhorns! Thank you for beating SC! Now if I can only learn to like the Cowboys...

Comment

That photo was taken over on Hilo side. Down on the Puna coast. The road just opened up to the sea. There was thick jungle before and after this spot.

Yeah them 'Horns did good!

BTW it helps if you read my posts with a Texas drawl.
        Blog Of Hawaii
        High Definition Blog

Comment

Aloha...welcome to the forum. I moved to Oahu from Corpus Christi, Texas in 2002 (also lived here back in the 70s). When people would try to tell me that living on the Gulf Coast is no different than living in Hawaii, I KNEW that they had no clue! Hope you enjoy your next trip to our beautiful islands.

Comment

Originally posted by rbinck
            BTW Keiki under my name is cute!
            Welcome! The designation under your name will change as your post count increases.

Comment

I know, that why I think it is cute. I'm just a baby here!
              Blog Of Hawaii
              High Definition Blog

Comment

Working...
              X