I'll Take Potent Potables for $400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll Take Potent Potables for $400

Hey. Guess who's been invited to audition for Jeopardy! in February? As some of you know, the show's coming to Hawaii soon, and the show's website was taking applications for interviews and auditions. I don't know how many people responded, but I was one, and my audition is scheduled for February 21.

I'm nervous! I know I'm not chopped liver, but I also know that smart people do poorly all the time, and it's my understanding that the show's producers try to match you up against people with similar audition scores. I won't mind losing; I just don't want to look stupid!
    Last edited by scrivener; February 2, 2006, 08:43 PM. Reason: "...let your conscience tell you: just do the Stroke..."
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: I'll Take Potent Potables for $400

Well if you make it to the TV show, I am sure everyone here will be cheering you on to success. You do very well with the trivia questions that you have asked us in the past.... and I am sure you will do well with the answers by matching a question to them.

We'll all stay tuned.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Are they going to film some episodes here too?

Comment

Go Scriv! I'll be cheering ya on ~ that's foa sure, even if ya get on my nevers sometimes. nah, joke. I'll still cheer ya on! Good Luck Teacher!!!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
          I won't mind losing; I just don't want to look stupid!
          You will do neither. You will slay em. Show them what ya got. you will Win and look good at the same time. Visualize it. stop saying things like this last sentence above!

...as a teacher yer in a powerful position, ya gotta teach kids life is a self fulfilling prophecy. You think negative thoughts; bad sheeyit goin happen.
          Think you can't, then ya can't.
          Think you CAN? then you CAN. and will.
          What does that word mean?!
          "WILL"
          our internal power to mold the future. Will power.
          c'mon scriv. yer backslidin'. Just when ya need to be at da top of yer game.
          Last edited by kimo55; February 2, 2006, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            Win and look good at the same time.
            Holy cow. I didn't even think of looking good.

The diet starts tonight. As soon as I finish this pasta drenched in butter and parmesiano reggiano.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
              As soon as I finish this pasta drenched in butter and parmesiano reggiano.
              I'll be right over.

Comment

Go for it!

Comment

Good Luck Bartleby! Do you practice here a lot? BTW...if you do make it on the show , please give a "shout out" to Hawaii Threads.
                  Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                  Flickr

Comment

Very very cool, Scriv! If I were to guess anyone I know to make the Jepoardy cut (besides my trivia mad wife, of course), I'd have picked you. Good luck in the audition, and here's hoping we can even catch you on an evening news segment about them (as I recall is often done)!

Diet, schmiet... you're a handsome dude, Scriv. Just remember to smile! It's not the same as smirking knowingly...

Comment

Good luck, Scriv! We've all got faith in ya, brah.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Wow, Scrivener - I am duly impressed! I have watched "Jeopardy!" since small-kid time, and long thought that I (with a head full of trivia) would like to appear on the show - but even with my big ego and lack of shame, I've never had the courage to audition (perhaps out of a similar fear of "appearing stupid"?)

So can I still give advice to you? HAVE FUN! You KNOW you have the knowledge - perhaps you have a kernel of Nikkeijin sensibility telling you not to "show off?" Enjoy the experience, whatever the end result. Don't worry much about your appearance, just keep your button thumb limber.

Oh - and whip their @$$es good. The rest of us will live vicariously through you. (Just joking with you - no added stress meant.)

Comment

Don't let us down!

LOL Just kidding! Good luck! Don't forget to wear your HT tee shirt.

Comment

good luck!
                            808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                            kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                            http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Good Luck Scriv. I am positive you will do well.
                              Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X