Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another request to find the song title

Anyone knows this song?

Here's part of the lyrics (from what I remember)

"...Today you won some tickets to see dr dre. Front row seats (its free!) no pay. Bumping to the jam, moving in your seat..."

Its an old school rap song, and I believe the title is "you ni'ele" or something like that (means you lolo). The song is about people who are absent minded (the part of the lyric I posted goes on to tell that the person yelled "touch down" during a dr. dre concert)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Another request to find the song title

Originally posted by doc1456
    Anyone knows this song?

Here's part of the lyrics (from what I remember)

"...Today you won some tickets to see dr dre. Front row seats (its free!) no pay. Bumping to the jam, moving in your seat..."

Its an old school rap song, and I believe the title is "you ni'ele" or something like that (means you lolo). The song is about people who are absent minded (the part of the lyric I posted goes on to tell that the person yelled "touch down" during a dr. dre concert)

I think I'm too old for this one, Adrian. I'm still not convinced rap is an artform, but who knows. No one appreciates artists until they are dead.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

You Be Illin' by Run DMC

... and since it is that old school, I think the reference was to Dr. J rather than Dr. Dre

Comment

Yup, and I've got "You Be Illin'" on one of my iPods. Along with a bunch of other Run DMC from that era.

"Small fry. Big Mac!"
        Last edited by MadAzza; February 3, 2006, 10:34 AM. Reason: add lunch

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
          I'm still not convinced rap is an artform, but who knows.
          Well, I know. And it isn't.

Lionel Richie was at a party several years ago, just after he'd been absent from the music scene for a while and was making his comeback. He was talking to several well-known rappers and told them that he was thinking of doing a rap album. Their reply -- "Don't do it. We only rap because we can't sing!"

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
            Lionel Richie was at a party several years ago, just after he'd been absent from the music scene for a while and was making his comeback. He was talking to several well-known rappers and told them that he was thinking of doing a rap album. Their reply -- "Don't do it. We only rap because we can't sing!"
            Hurrah to them --- anything you can say that keeps Lionel Trainwreck from "coming back" is art in my book.

I don't listen to much rap, but it is most definitely (Mos Def?) an art form and it is music. Its roots are in jazz; but then, so are Kenny G's - and I'd rather listen to most rap than G's crap. There's a lot of awful rap, but there's a lot that's awful in all musical genres.

Comment

Working...
            X