French Polynesia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Polynesia

Between 1946 and 2003, French Polynesia had the status of an overseas territory. In 2003 it became an overseas collectivity. It's statutory law of Feb. 27th, 2004 gave it the particular designation of "Overseas Country" to underline the large autonomy of the territory. Here's a LINK to read up on it.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: French Polynesia

Who here has been to any of the Islands in French Polynesia? Please tell us some stories or observations you have. You know, like of the natural beauty of the land, ocean and people or of lifestyle or even acceptance of travellers. Whatever you wish to share. Thanks!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I went on a cruise to Tahiti in August 2001 (right before 9-11) and it was the most enjoyable experience of my life. There seemed to be a budding independence movement around, but everyone involved was friendly and helpful, even when I walked miles into the poorer section of Papeete.

My only complaint would be that, as an avid hiker, there were really no trails into the undeveloped areas, and the dogs everywhere made walking around a little scary.

Comment

I've been there twice, once in 1987 and once 1995. I've been on Tahiti, Moorea and Huahine. Great place, great people. Next time I intend to see Bora Bora. Things are pricey so be warned, but camping is possible in many places and some islands have hostels.
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
        X