Best Super Bowl ads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Super Bowl ads?

The FedEx caveman ad won by a mile, in my humble opinion.
    Second place went to Hummer, with the Godzilla-type monster and the giant robot giving birth to an H-3.
    And your opinions for Best Ad(s) are....?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Best Superbowl ads?

GoDaddy.com...I'm a subscriber!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
      The FedEx caveman ad won by a mile, in my humble opinion.
      Second place went to Hummer, with the Gozilla monster and the giant robot giving birth to an H-3.
      And your opinions for Best Ad(s) are....?
      I have to agree, LikaNui. I really liked the FedEx one...especially where the guy is going "hmeubmugbhoskugk!!!" (But FedEx hasn't even been INVENTED YET!)

I would also have to say the roof-top Bud Light one was pretty good. I never liked beer football, and that one was good. When the guy was fixing the roof for a leak (really), he fell through---did you notice the long neck in front of the unimpressed wife sitting on the sofa?
      I liked the H-3 "Little Monster" one, too. Crack me up!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I thought the P Diddy + Diet Pepsi commercial was the best
        Then the MacGyver Master Card commercial.
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

My HPU marketing students have an assignment to storyboard any Superbowl commercial, so I took notes on them as they played.

Personally, I don't think any of them were memorable.

I liked the Budweiser commecial where the baby Clydesdale gets in the harness and pulls the wagon out of the barn, revealing that two adult horses are pushing it from behind.

I also liked the twist on Robert Palmer's - "might was well face it you're addicted to Lost." I'm not a Lost viewer, but liked the idea.

The Ameriquest Mortgage ad - where the docs are standing over a pateint and one uses the defribrillator to zap a fly, and then says "that killed him" just as the patient's wife and son walk in - was funny.

Comment

Keeping in mind that I watched the game and commercials with a group of commercial production people, these are the spots that got cheers and thumbs up from a majority group...
            FedEx Caveman
            CareerBuilder-both Monkeys and Donkeys
            Burger King Whopperettes (this was my personal favorite for the production value, creativity and costumes...I don't expect it to be an audience favorite)
            Bud Light-revolving kitchen wall (the guys liked it!)
            Bud Light-office party (for the production value - the props dept. had one heckuva job on this one!)
            Bud Light-roof (the guys loved it!)
            Toyota-truck in ocean (for the production value)
            Degree deodorant-stunts (we all want to know what the budget for that spot was!)
            Ameriquest spots
            Diet Pepsi-Jackie Chan (good ending, altho' not one of my faves)

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1
              I liked the Budweiser commecial where the baby Clydesdale gets in the harness and pulls the wagon out of the barn, revealing that two adult horses are pushing it from behind.
              That was #3 on my list.
              And I don't know if any of you folks saw the show Saturday night about the best Superbowl commercials over the years. The public could vote online, and #1 went to the Mean Joe Greene spot with the kid handing him a Coke.
              Wouldn't have been my choice. I think Apple Computer's "1984" spot was the all-time best.
              But then, #2 on my all-time favorites was probably the EDS Financial spot with the cowboys out on the range, herding kittens.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                Keeping in mind that I watched the game and commercials with a group of commercial production people, these are the spots that got cheers and thumbs up from a majority group...
                FedEx Caveman (...)
                Sue, was your list in the order that your group liked them, or in no particular order?

Comment

The baby clydesdale was my favorite, with the little monster second.

All time, I've got to say that the Mean Joe commercial is my favorite, with the 1984 commercial second. Wasn't that officially for the Lisa?
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                    Sue, was your list in the order that your group liked them, or in no particular order?
                    No particular order. I made a suggestion that next year we have some sort of a rating system or ballot with pre-hanging chads.

And I forgot to add the baby Clydesdale spot. The ladies liked that one!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                      The baby clydesdale was my favorite, with the little monster second.

All time, I've got to say that the Mean Joe commercial is my favorite, with the 1984 commercial second. Wasn't that officially for the Lisa?
                      Nope. Macintosh. And it only ran once. That may be why it gets my vote as most memorable. Everybody knows that ad, and yet it played only once.
                      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                        Nope. Macintosh. And it only ran once. That may be why it gets my vote as most memorable. Everybody knows that ad, and yet it played only once.

yeah....and remember when adcritic.com was free, and we could download always and forever (which was how long it took to d/l considering me and everyone else were living in a 56K world back then).

...and didn't I love that old Nike bb commercial where all those famous ballers were hip-hopping to the beat of the ball...

pax

Comment

"The Magic Fridge" Was my favorite. Hurry up guys! The magic fridge is back! Then later praying for it to come back. Hilarious
                          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I must be the only one who thought the "cellphone with the anti-theft device" was funny. "Try taking my wallet out of my pants"... *throws the phone at the guy*

Comment

I was only going to add my enjoyment of the FedEx caveman ad, but y'all have mentioned a few other decent ones. Still, the fact that I had to be remembered doesn't say much for this year's crop overall.

I disliked a lot of ads, especially those that were self-referential about their status as "Super Bowl Ads."

KITV, of course, spliced in a couple of local ads. Always makes me wonder what we missed on the national feed.

Comment

Working...
                              X