$0.76 Plate Lunch @ L&L Drive-Inn Keeamoku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $0.76 Plate Lunch @ L&L Drive-Inn Keeamoku

Anybody in the area around WalMart Ke'eaumoku between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. tomorrow (Tuesday) can dive into an L&L plate lunch for 76 cents.

Miulang
    L&L Ke'eaumoku offers 76 cent lunch

Advertiser Staff

L&L Drive-Inn will be offering 76 cent plate lunches for two hours tomorrow at the Ke'eaumoku Wal-Mart location to mark the restaurant's 30th anniversary.
    L&L said the lunches will be sold from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and include regular-sized plates of chicken katsu, hamburger steak and kalua pork with cabbage for 76 cents and a Pepsi for 10 cents.

L&L said it will donate all proceeds from the sale to Goodwill Industries of Hawaii.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

$0.79 platelunch @ L&L Drive in Keeamoku tomorrow!!!

I think it was $0.76. I remembered seeing it on KGMB news this evening (I even forget what time). But I do know that it'll be from 11pm to 1pm, and its because of their 30th anniversary.

Whoever gets a plate lunch, can you bring one over to Heald College? I'll be in classes by 12pm and I might not be able to make it to there.

PM me for more info

EDITED FOR PRICE
    **looks like there's some conflict on the price. Just know that its cheap.
    Last edited by adrian; February 6, 2006, 06:51 PM.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Re: $0.79 platelunch @ L&L Drive in Keeamoku tomorrow!!!

Originally posted by doc1456
      I think it was $0.76. I remembered seeing it on KGMB news this evening (I even forget what time). But I do know that it'll be from 11pm to 1pm, and its because of their 30th anniversary.

Whoever gets a plate lunch, can you bring one over to Heald College? I'll be in classes by 12pm and I might not be able to make it to there.

PM me for more info

EDITED FOR PRICE
      **looks like there's some conflict on the price. Just know that its cheap.
      small kine HT bombards?

Comment

Confirmed by the Honolulu Advertiser

All this posting of this deal is making me hungry. Heck, if I keep this up, then I'll be buying 10 plates for my family.

Comment

Confirmed by the Honolulu Advertiser

All this posting of this deal is making me hungry. Heck, if I keep this up, then I'll be buying 10 plates for my family.
          frick...gotta work...
          someone pick me up a plate

Comment

Re: $0.76 Plate Lunch @ L&L Drive-Inn Keeamoku

Oh, and its one per customer.

Comment

Big Whoop to L & L! Why not make it a BIG payday for Goodwill. Eddie Flores should have had this deal at ALL 85 locations,that way all the people who supported L&L through the years can get a cheap lunch and help Goodwill.
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

I just came back from Walmart, and the line is inside walmart, and its stretched to the Jewlery section (and probably it grew). And this is all before 10:00am!!

EDIT: here's the pics hosted by my blog.

And please, if you'll leach those pics, atleast give credit or don't link it from my blog.

And sorry for the image quality, I did take them with a 1.2mp cell phone camera. Plus, I had to keep moving because they were clearing the way of bystanders.
                Last edited by adrian; February 7, 2006, 09:21 AM.

Comment

How can you all stand to eat at L&L? I wouldn't buy that plate lunch for $.05. After graduating from UHM and having eaten there almost on a daily basis, I vowed never to eat another greasy L&L plate lunch again. I was horrified to see an L&L drive in open up in Hilo a few years ago.

Comment

I just came back from Walmart, and the line is inside walmart, and its stretched to the Jewlery section (and probably it grew). And this is all before 10:00am!!

EDIT: here's the pics hosted by my blog.

And please, if you'll leach those pics, atleast give credit or don't link it from my blog.

And sorry for the image quality, I did take them with a 1.2mp cell phone camera. Plus, I had to keep moving because they were clearing the way of bystanders.
                    Mahalo for the pics Adran. I didn't leach it! heheheh
                    (too funny) so...how was the food?
                    Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                      Mahalo for the pics Adran. I didn't leach it! heheheh
                      (too funny) so...how was the food?
                      Auntie Lynn
                      I ate at Chopsticks express (in L&L Ala Moana), as I was scared to enter walmart after what I saw at 10.

I'm sure I'll hear some stories from classmates in my coming classes today.

Comment

I ate at Chopsticks express (in L&L Ala Moana), as I was scared to enter walmart after what I saw at 10.

I'm sure I'll hear some stories from classmates in my coming classes today.
                        Absolutely Hilarious!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                          Absolutely Hilarious!

Auntie Lynn
                          Um, am I missing something? All of the last few posters at the other forum I posted this at also laughed. I hope it was something in my blog, and not what I posted.

Comment

Um, am I missing something? All of the last few posters at the other forum I posted this at also laughed. I hope it was something in my blog, and not what I posted.
                            No need to worry Adrian. Your're Special! You make people laugh. You bring joy into this boring and hurtful world of ours.

Love,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

so, who went?

EDIT: I just read the story on KHON's website, and I love this quote made by one of the co-founders:

"People come to L&L to enjoy a good meal, not to get healthy," says Flores.

And here's the stats for today's 2 hour special:

1,300 plate lunches were sold in two hours.

That's nearly 11 a minute -- or one every six seconds.
                              Last edited by adrian; February 7, 2006, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X