Will we see paid membership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we see paid membership?

I know that this is a small forum and all, but most of us are working, so we can support our favorite forums. One way is to probably give a paid membership program, where users who pay can get different colored names, different ranks, or even a HT email address or domain. Other features might include different forum settings (colors, user ID/stuff placement, etc - depends on the software here) or even images in sigs (I know, the dial up people, but maybe those who has a paid membership can see other people's sig images).

On another forum I browse, the main guy has his membership at $36/year, or $3.50/month. He has custom interfaces, a quick reply box, increased PM storage, custom user titles and avatars, and spell checking. Of course, some of those would be stupid here (like the custom avatars and spell checking, unless no one speaks pidgin) but that's just an example. Oh, and he uses paypal to bill people, but since this is Hawaii, maybe you can send a money order, or mail off at the office (if HT has a physical location) or whatnot.

So how about it? custom HT for people who pays for it? It can help support for new servers/software upgrades/other stuff.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Will we see paid membership?

Huh? I don't remember Ryan saying anything about this. Adri, why are you bringing this up?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      Huh? I don't remember Ryan saying anything about this. Adri, why are you bringing this up?
      Glen, cause he working now.heheheh

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Can anyone spell "flee" "exodus" and "evacuate"?
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

No.

FWIW, what Adrian is talking about is a common forum setup where donations earn you various goodies above and beyond what all users have, not specifically a subscription or membership for basic access. But neither has ever been contemplated or even suggested for HawaiiThreads.

Comment

I could see reasons to pay (but who wants to do that???)

What I would really like to see is this place not be so googleable/feedsterable, etc. There are many threads that I simply will not participate in because this site allows its posts to be spidered up. And that sucks, because it means a constant weighing of contributing to this community against the very real need for privacy. I recognize my responsibility and as such keep careful.

*sigh* until this forum is a locked one, I must never confess that I am the real Joe Moore.

pax

Comment

Working...
            X