Earworms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earworms

Earworms are those tunes that get stuck in your head and won't come out again. Sometimes they're songs you like, and sometimes they're songs you can't stand and wish you could forget forever.

This thread is to help people shake off their earworms. The idea is, if you share 'em, maybe they'll go away. I'll kick it off with the tune that's been running through my head this morning.

Helpless people on subway trains
    Scream "my god" as he looks in on them
    Godzilla!

Oh no there goes Tokyo
    Go, go Godzilla
    Whoo-ooo-ooo-ooh!

What's running through your head today?

Re: Earworms

Glen, The song that sticks in my pUpuLe Head 24/7 is under my signature. My one year old grandson is hooked on it too! None other than..."Mothra!"

...to listen to the song and drums of Mothra, just click it BABY!

aUNTIE pUpuLe
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Lucky me - since I get paid to listen to music all day, nothing gets in there and stays too long. I can either (a) play it on the computer to drive it out, or (b) pick something else to take its place.

At home, that's a bit more of a challenge, but my library is big enough that I can often come close to option (a), if I don't go with (b).

So, what's in my head as I write this is what I'm listening to at work - which at the moment is J.S. Bach, transcriptions for solo piano.

Comment

Re: Song Stuck in My Head

The song that I have stuck in my head right now is Keali'i Blaisdell's song Kalale'a.
        Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Originally posted by achow
          The song that I have stuck in my head right now is Keali'i Blaisdell's song Kalale'a.
          I can play the melody of that song on the piano. Got both of his CD's.
          'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
            I can play the melody of that song on the piano. Got both of his CD's.
            cool...send it to me...i have both of his CD's too.
            Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

The song stuck in my head is "Escape-The Pina Colada Song" By Rupert Holmes.
              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
              The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by achow View Post
                Without having read this thread, I had selected that song to play on the radio show today. Glad to see Keali`i recording and touring again.

Comment

the wheels on the bus go round and round
                  round and round
                  round and round

the wheels on the bus go round and round
                  round and round
                  round and round

dont ask.
                  Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I can't get that song outta my head from the Vonage commercials. "People do stupid things" Hoo hoo, hoo hoohoo....hoo hoo, hoo hoohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
                      Earworms are those tunes that get stuck in your head and won't come out again. Sometimes they're songs you like, and sometimes they're songs you can't stand and wish you could forget forever.

This thread is to help people shake off their earworms. The idea is, if you share 'em, maybe they'll go away. I'll kick it off with the tune that's been running through my head this morning.

Helpless people on subway trains
                      Scream "my god" as he looks in on them
                      Godzilla!

Oh no there goes Tokyo
                      Go, go Godzilla
                      Whoo-ooo-ooo-ooh!

What's running through your head today?
                      I love that tune. One of my all time faves. I heard that "You Had a Bad Day" song in the quickie mart at Restaurant Row the other day, and it's been stuck in my head ever since. Kill me.

When I was surfing all the time as a kid, and as an adult, "Summer Breeze" would run through my head during every set lull. Me and my mates would scream it while paddling for waves.
                      Don't be mean,
                      try to help.

Comment

Runnin' through your mind...

If some cool song starts running through your mind and you'd like to share it with the rest of us, please do!

Tonight I've got Loggins and Messina on my mind and tomarrow I'm headed to Tower to see if I can get "Sittin' in" and other albulms of theirs.

It started with "Peace of mind" www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/loggins_messina/trilogy_peace_of_mind.html earlier tonight and has moved on to so many, but the other that I wish to share is... "Same old wine" www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/loggins_messina/same_old_wine.html

Gotta love music!
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
                          I love that tune. One of my all time faves. I heard that "You Had a Bad Day" song in the quickie mart at Restaurant Row the other day, and it's been stuck in my head ever since. Kill me.

When I was surfing all the time as a kid, and as an adult, "Summer Breeze" would run through my head during every set lull. Me and my mates would scream it while paddling for waves.
                          Seals and Crofts...great song. Definitely brings me right back to my childhood in the 70's. I can almost picture a place in my mind that that song reminds me of. I have serious soft spot for 70's pop. ANYthing 70's really....it was definitely my favorite era for rock, that's for sure.
                          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

"Perfect Day" by Sheila Devine.

I actually did it on purpose......need to pysch myself out. Got to go to work today.

I have a driveway that resembles the "agony of defeat" scene from Wide World of Sports. Which at this moment is covered with snow and ice. I have a beautiful cedar grove at the bottom of the hill that will help arrest any free fall but I really, really like that grove so I am gonna try real hard not to smash into it.
                            You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

It's especially bad at this time of year. Some of those Christmas songs hang around for hours!

Comment

Working...
                              X