American Idols... On Tour!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Idols... On Tour!

This new topic is being started for the purpose of discussing the American Idols Live Tour. (Discussion of the FOX television show continues here.) As many of you know the top 10 finalists in this year's American Idol TV show are going on a whirlwind 48 (or is it 52) city tour that ends on September 28 and 29 at the Blaisdell Arena here in Honolulu Hawaii.

Got your tickets? If not you are too late. Tom Moffatt was on the radio today (KHVH Rick Hamada Show) and said that this was the fastest double show sellout in Blaisdell Center history. The tickets were all gone after 4 hours of being on sale Saturday morning. Most were sold through the phone and the internet. Those who physically came down to the Blaisdell Center to wait in line and buy tickets were disappointed to learn that many of the good seats were already sold to phone and internet customers.

The American Idols including top 2 winners Diana DeGarmo and Fantasia Barrino should be here along with Hawaii's own Jasmine Trias and Camile Velasco.

Use this topic to discuss anything related to the tour including those shows that will be/are playing on the mainland.

More information & links:

Idol on Fox
    Neil S. Blaisdell Center
    American Idols Live Tour Calendar
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: American Idols... On Tour!

Idol-Maniacal Scalpers

According to an article in yesterday's Advertiser, folks are already scalping those concert tickets on eBay and elsewhere for as much as $179 to $300 for two tickets. Yikes!

Aneheim's show had tickets asking for as high as $1500. Ouch!

Check out eBay for the latest "fleecing of American Idol Mania".

Honolulu Advertiser article:
    http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...il07a.html#top
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Anyone got tickets? And is there a chance I can win a pair? I remembered hearing Rory Wild and the Wake up Crew planning to give away a few pairs later on (forgot when).

Is other radio stations doing this?
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I'm sure American Idol tix will be a hot item for prizes for competing radio stations. Keep an eye out for KSSK and Extreme radio...why? Thats where Jasmine did her interviews.

In this past sunday's paper, I've already seen ads ranging from $125 -250 for tix.....pretty high for mediocre talent.

Comment

Mediocre, maybe, for the last batch, but in the top ten, there were some decent singers. Even the ones that didn't sing well were mildly entertaining. Besides, Jasmine is our next rock star, and Camile will certainly draw a few fans.

I knew the show would do well, but I was still surprized when it set a record for how quickly it sold out.

Of course, you're right, there are lots of eBay listings for tickets already. As the show draws closer, look for even more, but depending on how the hype-versus-memory battle goes (who knows how excited people will be in three months), the prices might come down as the supply goes up.

Comment

Third concert added!!

As reported by The Honolulu Advertiser, they've added another AI concert, on Sept. 30.

I tried to get tickets tonight via ticketmaster.com, but I couldn't find the new time.

I'm trying to get tickets for my Mom and younger sister, but they're sold out everywhere.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I'm waiting for the Superstar USA tour!

http://www.ilovereality.com/Shows/superstar.html

Comment

This may be of interest...

Originally posted by adri1456
                I'm trying to get tickets for my Mom and younger sister, but they're sold out everywhere.
                Please take a look at the post I just made to the Selling section:

Charity Auction: Two American Idol Tickets, Floor Seats!
                http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=2683

A percentage of the final price of the tickets will go to charity.

Hope this helps. Even if you decide not to bid, please let others who might be interested know about it.
                Oy? Visit these sites why don't you?
                Talk Stink, Hawaii Media News, Rumors, Gossip & LOST.
                WIEblog, Where the whole world watches Wie.
                Hawaii Club Scene, Photos of Hawaii Men and Women out on the Town

Comment

Tim Ryan of the Star-Bulletin chimes in today with his review of the first of the three Hawaii concerts.
                  This third version of "American Idol" with 10 finalists, including Hawaii's Jasmine Trias and Camile Velasco, was two hours of fun unmemorable but for a few performances. But the more than 7,000 fans certainly didn't notice and cheered each performer like an old friend.
                  He also notes that 300 additional tickets in the $33 price range were made available for tonight's and tomorrow night's shows.

Here's The Advertiser's Derek Paiva's take on the show.
                  The relentlessly energetic crowd, for its part, eagerly ate everything "American Idols Live" served up like so much sweet, sugary nothing-ness. There's nothing wrong with that, of course.
                  Anyone going?

Comment

This may have been posted elsewhere but in case it hasn't, the Advertiser has a three-part series on Hawaii's AI contestants: Jordan Segundo, Camile Velasco, and Jasmine Trias. The Segundo article link is below.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../il/il07a.html

Comment

Working...
                    X