Honolulu Municipal Building to be named after Fasi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honolulu Municipal Building to be named after Fasi

So the Honolulu City Council has changed the law regarding the naming of County Property. Before you had to be DEAD to have something named after you, but now you can be alive and have something named after you if you are a former-mayor or former-councilperson. Boy Mufi and D. Delacruz & Co. never get tired of patting themselves on the back. Since we can do it, why not take advantage! I say we start renaming failed projects and such after councilmembers and mayors we don't like! For example: Waikiki used to have a good set of showers and bathrooms with no roof, which Mayor Harris replaced with a smaller set of covered bathrooms with attendant problems (moldy, dirty, smelly, dark, dank). We could rename the bathrooms after HIM.... better yet name individual stalls after him and the Council of the time. We could have a Jeremy Harris bathroom stall, paint his face on the inside of the bowl, and put a sign above that says "Deposit Campaign Contributions Here!". Or maybe rename the Waimanalo Gulch Landfill the Hanneman Dump! (he is a FORMER-councilmember after all).

Jewlipino

Re: Honolulu Municipal Building to be named after Fasi

Oh my...I can't wait to read future, creative contributions to this thread!

Comment

I think we should rename Kukui Plaza after Frank Fasi.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I have no inside information. Regarding this topic, I know nothing. But often times, these sporadic naming events occur when someone has taken a turn for the worse, health wise.

I hope its not true, but Fasi is getting up there in years and da buggah had bypass surgery seems like 30 years ago.

If its true that people are whispering about his health, sometimes, politicians want to let the "dying" fellow know that they are being remembered.

I like the after your dead policy, but I like being able to break the rule once in a while. For Fasi, personally, for all the years of his life he gave to public office, I say break the rule.

Aloha Frank Fasi. I hope you're doing well.

Kamuela Kea

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
          I think we should rename Kukui Plaza after Frank Fasi.
          Looking for some basic write-up of Kukui Plaza, I found this "Neighborhoods" brief in the Star-Bulletin. I always knew it was an unusual complex, but I didn't know the Fasi administration's role in its development. Interesting.

I think the Honolulu Municipal Building makes more sense, though. It's a city building with city departments within, rather than changing in a way the character of a place where civilians live.

I'm all for naming restrooms after Harris. Heck, his contributions are so... notable, let's just call 'em all "Harrises."

Aloha Frank Fasi. I hope you're doing well.
          He was at a birthday party I attended in January, still smiling and shaking hands, just moving a little slower, as you might expect. I too wish him well. He'll always be one of my favorite politicans ever... both brash and colorful and yet visionary and ambitious. In small ways and large, I can't think of anyone who's more directly shaped where I live.
          Last edited by pzarquon; February 11, 2006, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            I'm all for naming restrooms after Harris. Heck, his contributions are so... notable, let's just call 'em all "Harrises."
            Good one pzarquon! I'm on my way to OCCC...I'll be laughing on the BUS looking all pUpuLe!!! Restrooms = Harrises

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Your link to the S-B stay broke.

I think the idea of renaming Kukui Plaza was meant as sarcasm, given the graft and corruption scandal that erupted around it during Frank's tenure.
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

A landfill should be named after him.
                the word
                fasi
                should be forever affixed to a garbage dump as he took away from us the opposite; a very beautiful site and great landmark of Honolulu.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  A landfill should be named after him.
                  the word
                  fasi
                  should be forever affixed to a garbage dump as he took away from us the opposite; a very beautiful site and great landmark of Honolulu.
                  ...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I just came back from OCCC! Your Avatar is moa funny than my trip ova there Kimo!

I love it!

Auntie Lynn

btw: I've always liked FASI! He was foa da PEOPLE!
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; February 11, 2006, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Fasi did a lot for this town... he deserves to be honored. Hope the municipal building is in fact named after him.

Comment

So, will this be an official name, or just a small tidbit?

And like the renaming of the freeways, will everyone use that name?
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                        So, will this be an official name, or just a small tidbit?

And like the renaming of the freeways, will everyone use that name?
                        I see you too Adrian!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                          I just came back from OCCC! Your Avatar is moa funny than my trip ova there Kimo!
                          I hadda do it cuz of stuff like Doc puttin up a peecha of a thug.

Comment

Silly, das Doc!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Eh, Kimo, like mine too? Doc helped me by resizing it to fit.
                              It's Frank Fasi as a baby (he said, trying in vain to stay on topic).

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X