Who was his "rich dad"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was his "rich dad"?

I am reading R Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad. I find the anecdotal stuff about his "two dads" fascinating, but the book doesn't ever identify who these two dads are. Ok, I get it that the poor dad is his father, but to whom does the honor go to of being Kiyosaki's "rich dad"?

Google yields nothing...

pax

Re: who was his "rich dad"?

A quick Google got me this page, on which a guy has gone to great lengths to bash Kiyosaki. Either he's really got a grudge, or Kiyosaki isn't what he claims to be. This guy thinks Kiyosaki's "rich dad" is imaginary.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
      I am reading R Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad. I find the anecdotal stuff about his "two dads" fascinating, but the book doesn't ever identify who these two dads are. Ok, I get it that the poor dad is his father, but to whom does the honor go to of being Kiyosaki's "rich dad"?

Google yields nothing...
      While most know that Robert Kiyosaki's "poor dad" was the late Ralph Kiyosaki, rumor has it that his "rich dad" was the late Richard Kimi, founder of the "Sand and Seaside Hotel" chain.

Here's a link:
      http://www.sand-seaside.com/About_Us.aspx

It's kind of ironic that Kiyosaki is currently living in Phoenix, Arizona instead of in Hilo.
      Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K
        While most know that Robert Kiyosaki's "poor dad" was the late Ralph Kiyosaki, rumor has it that his "rich dad" was the late Richard Kimi, founder of the "Sand and Seaside Hotel" chain.

Here's a link:
        http://www.sand-seaside.com/About_Us.aspx

It's kind of ironic that Kiyosaki is currently living in Phoenix, Arizona instead of in Hilo.

wow. Mr. Kimi? My family is close with his. I had no idea. Thanks Jonah!

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          A quick Google got me this page, on which a guy has gone to great lengths to bash Kiyosaki. Either he's really got a grudge, or Kiyosaki isn't what he claims to be. This guy thinks Kiyosaki's "rich dad" is imaginary.

no kidding. Talk about going overboard on the details. (and it is now bookmarked)

pax

Comment

Interesting. Considering that Rich Dad owned convenience stores I would have thought of the ubiquitous ABC Stores.

Unfortunately, it appears founder Sidney Kosasa (1) is still living, and (2) not only graduated from high school, but got a pharmacy degree from Berkeley. Doesn't quite fit Kiyosaki's profile.
            http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

Originally posted by Keith H. View Post
              Interesting. Considering that Rich Dad owned convenience stores I would have thought of the ubiquitous ABC Stores.

Unfortunately, it appears founder Sidney Kosasa (1) is still living, and (2) not only graduated from high school, but got a pharmacy degree from Berkeley. Doesn't quite fit Kiyosaki's profile.
              Richard Kimi was also still living at the time Rich Dad, Poor Dad was published (and still is, as far as I have been able to determine). But as Kiyosaki states in this 2000 Star-Bulletin article, he deliberately fabricated Rich Dad’s death because the family did not want the publicity.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Re: Who was his "rich dad"?

Uncle Billy Kimi? Could be. Alan Kimi is Kiyosaki's classmate at Hilo High and one of his "buds," as I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K View Post
                  I think he's about as welcome in these islands as June Jones...
                  Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                  Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                  We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                  Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                    Uncle Billy Kimi?
                    nevermind…

pax

Comment

Perhaps "rich dad" is a composite of several real people, one of whom may be Uncle Billy. Sort of a fictional "non-fiction."

Comment

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/rich-d...163736677.html

Does he still have those seminars?

Comment

Working...
                        X