Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Summer Fun for Three-Year Old

Hi,

I'm a former kamaaina coming to Honolulu to stay with my retired parents for four or five weeks this summer. I'm bringing my husband and two kids - my older daughter is three - and was hoping for suggestions of summer activities. My daughter is pretty outgoing and loves her preschool, so I thought she might like something where she could play with a few kids her age.

I grew up on the Big Island, so not only am I clueless as to what there is for preschoolers to do, I don't know any families with small kids on Oahu. Only idea I had was Leahi Swim School, which isn't too far from my folks (condo in Kakaako).

Anything else out there? Playgroups? Camps at preschools? I remember going to summer fun when I was little but I think that was for older kids.

Much Mahalo!

Re: Seeking Summer Fun for Three-Year Old

Have you looked into the various YMCA/YWCA programs? That's where I spent many summers as a kid, and my kids love it, too. Some of them are partnerships with Kama`aina Kids.

I'm pretty sure they have programs that start as young as three, and offer week-to-week arrangements (if not daily). If you're in Kakaako, the Richards Street YWCA or the Nuuanu YMCA would be relatively accessible.

Can't find much on YWCA youth programs, but there's some summer fun info at the Honolulu YMCA site (albeit for 2005).

Comment

Working...
    X