What Rocket Launch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Rocket Launch?

Where? Leeward Community College, it said.
    When? 2:30 to 5:30, it said.

Now, where odeah? I took my daughter down and we were walking and hanging out in the parking lot from 2:25 to 3:00. Wot? Nobody went? Everybody got there late? D-.

You try console a dissappointed 6 yr. old.

Only thing I could do was get her a minimum of one dozen fresh andagi from The Andagi Guy at PC Daiei. Well, I guess the time wasn't wasted afterall.

Now, want to try this again? When and where? She still wants to go see rockets.

Re: What Rocket Launch?

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye
    Where? Leeward Community College, it said.
    I wasn't sure what you were referring to or where you saw it, but then as I scrolled on down through today's messages I saw "Rocket Launch" listed at the very bottom, in the space for "Today's Events" so I looked at the post. And ya know what?
    It very clearly said WINDWARD Community College.
    I'm guessing -- oh, call it a hunch -- that would be why you didn't find anyone when you went to LEEWARD Community College.

You try console a dissappointed 6 yr. old.
    Uh, no thanks. It looks like it's clearly your job to console her.
    But hopefully you can use this to teach her a lesson that it's important to read things closely and then to remember what you read.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Aiya! I could have sworn it said Leeward. Eeeh, did someone change it?

D- on my part. Sorrysorrysorry. Well, the drive wasn't exactly a cross country endeavor and sure wasn't wasted, with all this andagi we get to eat. Melanie talked my ears off while we walked around the campus so it was far from boring. I'll read things a bit more carefully next time. Must have been one of those senior moments. So embarrassing. Again my apologies to all involved. I won't say anthing to the kid.

Mahalo, LikaNui.

Comment

You can ask Helen here, I get the various community college campuses on Oahu confused all the time. Ironic, because the confusion usually comes when I'm in the middle of declaring how they get too little respect.

Comment

We (as in the Sky Peformance Rocket Club of Hawaii) normally fly on the 3rd Saturday of the month at Windward Community College starting from 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm. The field we use is next to Hale Kuhina. The next launches are:

March 18
          April 15
          May 20

Comment

Mahalo, Helen. Will try to make it an afternoon with my Melanie. Maybe go picnic after.

Comment

and the rest of us crazies launch at Halawa park on the top (above the tennis/basketball courts) at 12:00pm on SUNDAYS, as long as we can break free from the ball and chains! We stay there until about 2:30pm then go to Wendy's by Pacific Harley-Davidson to Kau Kau.

(we also do the club thing at WINDWARD CC on 3rd Sat.)

Comment

Speedtek, sorry couldn't make it. I got that cold that's been going around that lasts 2 weeks. Just got over the 1st week and no sign of letting up. I thought I might feel well enough to take Mel out to watch you guys and maybe pick up a starter kit from you. Not.

Maybe next Sunday. Mel even apologized for my wife for giving me this cold.

Comment

Ancient Chinese Secret......Take Ginseng tablets 4-6 a day. 2 with every meal. It will get rid of your cold/flu faster. (My father only told me of this now. It has been a secret why he rarely gets colds!)

Comment

Originally posted by speedtek
                    Ancient Chinese Secret......Take Ginseng tablets 4-6 a day. 2 with every meal. It will get rid of your cold/flu faster. (My father only told me of this now. It has been a secret why he rarely gets colds!)

Ancient Chinese Proverb: No ask...no get. Did Derek get the note I left?
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Ginseng, huh? Gotta add it to my sick-time-pills list. <LOL> Actually, I only take zinc and C along with my one-a-day Silver vits when I'm sick. They do help, but I'll try anything that'll help the help.

Comment

Working...
                      X