Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to the Islands

Aloha everyone,
    My wife and I are in the process of moving to paradise for the purpose of spending our remaining days snorkling, playing some golf, eating fresh seafood and poi, and doing some serious beachtime.

We've been coming to Hawaii for years now and usually flew over in April to attend the Scottish Festival in Waikiki. Been looking forward to this since I first set foot on Oahu in 1961 and now this dream of mine is soon to be a reality.

Re: Moving to the Islands

Aloha to Hawaii Threads.com thorfinn! See you on the boards.
    Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by thorfinn
      [...]I first set foot on Oahu in 1961 and now this dream of mine is soon to be a reality.
      I so know the feeling, thorfinn! My first visit was 1960. I was able to beat you by a few years, tho', as I moved in 1978. The longing, the yearning was just too overpowering to put it off another day. I've never had one moment's regret. Good luck with your move.

Comment

Mahalo to all who welcomed me to this forum. Our house is now sold so it won't be long before we are soaring to paradise. Again, mahalo for the welcome.
        thorfinn

Comment

Originally posted by thorfinn
          ... moving to paradise for the purpose of...doing some serious beachtime.
          we assume this means some time spent at the Waimanalo tidepools fronting the estate, eh, Thor!?

welcome to Magnumland!

Comment

Hey Kimo, ya got me pegged! Mahalo for the welcome and for the welcome to magnumland. Will be spending alot of time at the tidal pool that's for sure. Hope to see you once we get over. Trying to settle in Miliani Mauka, have another maghead living up there in Mililani too.
            thorfinn

Comment

Eh and Thor, you will be able to visit all the locales seen in Mag PI... like the ep where da dude gets hit by a car and the girl thinks its a scam and the guy is just faking it? Hawaii kai shopping center where safeway and da Shack steh.

Then, of course, the ride past sandy beach, along toward Waimanalo, the shots of Magnum in his ferrari convertible (hey, he sure is a good undercover p.i, eh?!) shows him zoomin along, they used these shots alot when we hear v.o. "i know what yer thinking..."

and then the estate, and just before it, TC's chopper office and parking spot end of makai pier... funny how in real life, it's just a couple blocks from robin's nest...

Then go spok da old spot where TC had his phone and kept his chopper; makai of Hilton rainbow Tower... end of parking lot. where da surfaz and squatters hang.
              Then yiu can rent a one person kayak, and paddle out from the todal pool around one o da safest beaches aeround.. Waimanalo, and you can videotape it and splice it into an episode of magnum you have on tape. wheeee. that would be funny.
              Then upload it to VMO2_DA_NANG and lettem eat their hearts out!

and you may want to hang occasionally at da irish bars downtown side..... many compatriates there...

seeya!
              Last edited by kimo55; February 23, 2006, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Mililani Mauka! Kind of our area. We live further up the H2 in Wahiawa. Where in Mauka? Play the bag pipes too?

Comment

Da Rolling Eye
                  We will be staying with friends in Wahiawa until we get settled. They're heavy into the Scottish scene like I am. Am trying to get this move done so we can get there before the festival in Waikiki, but we might not make it by then. We're do in on the 6th, but if we can, we'll be there. Are you in a band? A couple of friends over in Kailua are involved, at least they were. Hope to see you once we're there.
                  thorfinn

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                    and you may want to hang occasionally at da irish bars downtown side..... many compatriates there...seeya!
                    Hey Kimo,
                    I like Irish pubs, any particular names?
                    thorfinn

Comment

lesseeee....
                      O'Toole's Irish Pub - 0.7 miles NW - 902 Nuuanu Ave, Honolulu, 96817 - (808) 536-4138
                      Ferguson's Irish Pub - 0.5 miles NW - 729 Bishop St, Honolulu, 96813 - (808) 521-9020
                      Irish Rose Saloon - 2.4 miles SE - 227 Lewers St, Honolulu, 96815 - (808) 924-7711

fer starters...

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                        lesseeee....
                        O'Toole's Irish Pub - 0.7 miles NW - 902 Nuuanu Ave, Honolulu, 96817 - (808) 536-4138
                        Ferguson's Irish Pub - 0.5 miles NW - 729 Bishop St, Honolulu, 96813 - (808) 521-9020
                        Irish Rose Saloon - 2.4 miles SE - 227 Lewers St, Honolulu, 96815 - (808) 924-7711

fer starters...
                        Here's the website:
                        http://www.irishpubhawaii.com/

Also Murphy's:
                        http://gomurphys.com/

Comment

Murphy's
                          Duh! yea, dass da name i wuz tryin fo figgah out. See; alkeehall makes ya forget. Thass da place i drink at most often of them all.

Murphys was da place to be wen get da St paddy's day celebration; they block off alotta the area, so us big blalah drunks can go careening round da area without bangin into any moving vehicles, thereby causing major damage to the stupid metal boxes on wheels.

Now, the irish rose wen mah-ke die dead arready makai side Lewers but there is still anodda one x da street from anodda favorite place mauka side lewers;
                          Moose chewzhiscudalready.
                          i mean;
                          Mooses McGillukuddy.
                          http://www.moosewaikiki.com/
                          get planny ono grindz fo not much kala
                          Last edited by kimo55; February 23, 2006, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X