• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long distance relationships

I've been in a few...

I'm in one now and it sucks... however, I know that in the long run things
    will work out for the best of us.

Love will triumph over distance if you truly want it to...Although, it takes trust and strength amongst the parties involved to make it really work.

Any other thoughts?

Re: Long distance relationships

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    Love will triumph over distance if you truly want it to...Although, it takes trust and strength amongst the parties involved to make it really work.

Any other thoughts?
    Think ya hit the nail on the head--depends on the people involved and where they are in their lives and how mature they are--not to mention their level of commitment. A lot of insecurities can beset a person when the "other half" he or she is dating is not in proximity--don't forget the emotional stability and mental issues of the people involved. A challenge, but not a completely insurmountable one....

Good luck.

Comment

I've had a long distance (as in bicoastal) relationship that started via an internet chat room and has now developed into a fulltime, real time relationship. It's not easy but if it's meant to be a permanent relationship the parties involved will figure out a way to make it work. For me, JD made the decision to uproot his life and move out here to Seattle; I told him no way would I ever move back to the East Coast...been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, don't need another one!

Good luck with your relationship Manoa. You're right; if it was meant to be, it will be a long term one, with you being together all the time.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang

You're right; if it was meant to be, it will be a long term one, with you being together all the time.
        It also helps immensely if one of you is a really great cook, right, JD?

Comment

Met a Texas Girl, once....in Texas. Kind of a first sight thang. Told her how special she was. Told me I was special too. If I had initiated a long distance relationship, it wouldn't have taken me very long to decide to live in Abilene. This one would have been worth it.

Come to think of it, if I had pursued a few others I would have ended up in Port Arthur or Dallas as well. <LOL> I was so easy back then.

Comment

In many ways, being a regular on a message board such as here qualifies as a LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP. We log on, looking forward to each other's daily stories, bond and fight just like any loving couple would.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
              In many ways, being a regular on a message board such as here qualifies as a LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP. We log on, looking forward to each other's daily stories, bond and fight just like any loving couple would.
              And, when the going gets tough...close the browser!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                And, when the going gets tough...close the browser!
                Sometimes I wish personal relationships were as easy as that. Log off. Good bye.

TutuSue, how did your haircut come out? I hope you also made an appointment to get a new set of "Avatar Dentures".

I wish I knew ahead of time that you'd be in the Hawaii Kai area. I'd have invited you for lunch at Cha Cha Cha or The Shack.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I've been in one for the last 4 years.

She's filipina living in Las Vegas.. and I'm a mainlander living in Korea. How'd that happen??!!??

She's visited me many times in Korea (for months at a time) and I've visited her many times in Las Vegas (for extended visits as well). We're going to try to meet in the middle (Hawaii) this summer, and later permanantly at the end of this year.

We were already involved for one year both living and working in San Francisco.. so there is some good history there already.

The hardest part is adjusting to being together after being apart for awhile.. and adjusting to being separate again after being together awhile.

Comment

Working...
                  X