Looking for a single core 2ghz s939 processor for a project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a single core 2ghz s939 processor for a project

Instead of having some problems with the components of this future-proof (or unless until quadcore processors come out) computer against a 2 year old computer that belongs to my friend (different processor sockets/speeds/other issues) I'm thinking of just using two different processors to compare it with: one dual core and one single core processor.

The problem, is that I don't want to spend $200 on a single core processor that I'll just use for a few weeks, then trash it afterwards. So, I'm asking people whoever has an AMD Athlon 2ghz socket 939 single core processor if I can borrow theres while I do the tests (benchmarking, frame rate test, etc) against the dual core.

Of course, its easier here in Hawaii because we can just meet up somewhere and do the test, or you can drop it off at my place and you pick it up at the end of the week.

The motherboard I'm using, will be a Biostar TForce6100-939 mATX mobo, and its going into an Aspire QPack Small Form Factor case, probably with an aftermarket heatsink (I'll need to check if it can fit in the case properly). And I'll be using an AMD Athlon dual core 3800+ processor.

Whoever can help, please reply or PM me. I'll provide all of the test results if you want.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?
Working...
X