Aloha from Kaleponi Akau!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Kaleponi Akau!

I just found this site while searching for a source for a lau hala hat. I`ve recently finished a nice-looking kolohala hatband, and now I`d like to buy a really first-class hat, made by someone who can weave hats in the real old style. I`ve seen lau hala hats several places on O`ahu, but never just the right type. I don`t want a paniolo hat, or a big plantation hat like Jack Lord; more like a fedora.
    I`m going to O`ahu March 12th for three weeks, to my time share near Wai`anae, and I`d appreciate any advice on where to look or who to see, or write to, to find what I want. I`ve seen the hats at Aunty Mary Lou`s shop (she was my first kumu a`o for lei hulu), and also at Native Books in Ward Warehouse, but as I say, I haven`t seen just the right one. I`m ready to pay the price, but when I get The One, it will be an heirloom, to keep for life, and then leave it to my family.
    I would be grateful for any tips.

Me ke aloha pumehana,
    elemakule

Re: Aloha from Kaleponi Akau!

Originally posted by elemakule
    [...]
    I`m going to O`ahu March 12th for three weeks, to my time share near Wai`anae, and I`d appreciate any advice on where to look or who to see, or write to, to find what I want. I`ve seen the hats at Aunty Mary Lou`s shop (she was my first kumu a`o for lei hulu), and also at Native Books in Ward Warehouse, but as I say, I haven`t seen just the right one. I`m ready to pay the price, but when I get The One, it will be an heirloom, to keep for life, and then leave it to my family.
    I would be grateful for any tips.

Me ke aloha pumehana,
    Have you asked at the above named shops for contacts who can design and make a hat for you? Just a thought...

Comment

Working...
    X