Beyond the Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond the Break

Does anybody know anything about the tv show "Beyond the Break?" I wasn't sure if it really ever aired on tv or it is hasn't come out yet.

It looks like they'll be debuting it (?) at Sunset on the Beach on Mar. 4.

According to the Honolulu Advertiser article,

"A new TV series filmed on the Wai'anae Coast called "Beyond the Break" (formerly "Boarding School"), about a group of young women striving to become professional surfers, may draw more attention to the area. The show, which also shoots at the Makaha Resort, is scheduled to debut in March on The N, a new MTV nighttime teen channel."
    Last edited by AbsolutChaos; February 27, 2006, 03:16 PM.

Re: Beyond the Break

a tv version of the flik blue crush

http://www.blue-crush.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
      Does anybody know anything about the tv show "Beyond the Break?" I wasn't sure if it really ever aired on tv or it is hasn't come out yet.

It looks like they'll be debuting it (?) at Sunset on the Beach on Mar. 4.

According to the Honolulu Advertiser article,

"A new TV series filmed on the Wai'anae Coast called "Beyond the Break" (formerly "Boarding School"), about a group of young women striving to become professional surfers, may draw more attention to the area. The show, which also shoots at the Makaha Resort, is scheduled to debut in March on The N, a new MTV nighttime teen channel."
      It wrapped it's first season a little before Christmas, iirc, and hasn't aired yet. I'm really pulling for this series to make it, esp. since there's gonna be...ooooh...I can't divulge that yet!!! Anyway, it's had so many titles I haven't been able to keep up with it!

That was an interesting article in the HA. Thanks for the link. I'm certainly in the camp that wants to keep the Waianae coast 'old Hawaii', unfettered by tourists and mainland money. But the sight of all the tents on the beach jars me back to reality. The west side needs jobs.

Comment

I was reminded about this show after reading that MTV Networks just released a bunch of its shows on iTunes Music Store. It doesn't look like the kind of show I'd want to watch, but there are several things that are of interest:

1) The young actress who plays Kai, Sonya Balmores, was a classmate of mine at HPU during our freshman year. (This was before the show came into the picture.) She's so friendly and down to earth. Very creative, too. She showed us this calendar she made... it was so beautiful.

2) Some Wai'anae High School Searider Productions students served as PAs during production. Didn't even know about this until I read an article the Star-Bulletin published not too long ago.

3) My sister was an extra in an episode. Not sure which one because I don't watch the show. Sis just said they had her repeatedly walk in front of the high school for different takes.

Originally posted by tutusue
        [...]Anyway, it's had so many titles I haven't been able to keep up with it! [...]
        I know! From what I'm aware of, the show was called "Boarding School," then "Makaha Beach."

Comment

it started airing this week i think...channel 447 after degrassi (if you have digital cable)

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree
            it started airing this week i think...channel 447 after degrassi (if you have digital cable)
            It started June 2nd, so there's been at least 4 episodes already.
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

the kids show are sooo much edgier these days..when i started watching degrassi with my daughter i couldn't believe the type of things they had to deal with. i watched beyond the break half heartedly..for some reason i really couldn't get into it..i'll try again next showing.

Comment

kid shows?!
                here's my idea of kid shows:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=go4kpWf4u6Q

Comment

Working...
                X