X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post mistakenly moved to "selling" folder

Hello,

I posted about the Lokahi-ONE initiative at the U2 concert. This is non-profit, and has nothing to do with selling. It is to support the ONE campaign. The ONE campaign's motto is: we don't want your money, we want your voice. Can you please remove it from the selling folder? I prefer to have it deleted than to have it there.

Thank you

Hans
    Last edited by hans444; March 1, 2006, 02:29 PM.
    U2 Fans Unite as ONE in Hawaii

http://www.geocities.com/onehonolulu

Re: Post mistakenly moved to "selling" folder

Chill out, Hans. People will see your message, no matter where it is.

As for "selling," take the term a little more loosely; your posting was/is a little bit spam-ish (not really a discussion topic - more of an event promotion), so that's probably why it ended up under "Selling."

But now, you're getting so huffy about the whole thing that you're starting to make people wonder about you, your attitude, and your motives - which won't do your cause any good, I suspect.

Just sit back, breathe normally, let your blood-pressure (and the topic) drop.

And welcome to HT. Enjoy what looks to be a great concert, and have a great trip to Hawai`i. Spend some time away from Waikiki on your free day; get up to other parts of O`ahu, like the Windward Side or the North Shore.

Comment

I'm sorry if I come across stressed...maybe I am after weeks of charity work with few hours sleep, but all for a good cause. If the administrator here thinks that announcing a non-profit event is spam or selling, then please remove all those posts, but don't put them in the selling section.

I have worked long and hard to get into touch with the representatives of the ONE organization and the management of U2's tour promoter. I received their approval of what we are doing in Hawaii on April 8. I can tell you that they would not be enjoyed by seeing this in the selling section. These organizations have very strict rules on what one can do and not do when their name is used. What I'm saying is that I don't want my hard work to be tainted by having a post in the selling section. I hope you can understand that.

And thank you for the tips on enjoying Oahu, I'm looking forward to the trip

Aloha,

Hans
      Last edited by hans444; March 1, 2006, 02:43 PM.

Comment

personally, you will never see me do ANY work at a U2 concert. or any concert for that matter. and one would not expect anyone else in the audience to look kindly upon people raising signage during a concert. Especially when that 'activity' is promoted by some spoiled guest of a chat board yelling "I want my multiple spam here, not there and take it off now, and i don't care whatcha say, i want what i want cuz i sacrifice alot for a wurthee cause and i am stressed to the max so don't phuque with me bwah!"

blleeaaachhh!
        We'll have nun o dat thengew vurrymush!
        Last edited by kimo55; March 1, 2006, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          personally, you will never see me do ANY work at a U2 concert. or any concert for that matter. and one would not expect anyone else in the audience to look kindly upon people raising signage during a concert. blleeaaachhh!
          This is off topic. This topic is about an announcement of a non-profit event being mistakenly moved to the selling folder.

About your comments, the work is done before the U2 concert; during the concert we enjoy the show. The signs are small, and only held up during the intro of the song One, when Bono explains about the ONE campaign.

Aloha

Hans

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            personally, you will never see me do ANY work at a U2 concert. or any concert for that matter. and one would not expect anyone else in the audience to look kindly upon people raising signage during a concert. Especially when that 'activity' is promoted by some spoiled guest of a chat board yelling "I want my multiple spam here, not there and take it off now, and i don't care whatcha say, i want what i want cuz i sacrifice alot for a wurthee cause and i am stressed to the max so don't phuque with me bwah!"

blleeaaachhh!
            We'll have nun o dat thengew vurrymush!
            I never intended to spam, and I explained my reasons for not wanting my post in the selling folder earlier in this thread. Furthermore, I have not yelled to have my post removed. If you read my post you can see that I kindly requested the post to be removed using the words "please" and "thank you". In my opinion, and not to criticize you personally, your post was "yelling".

Enjoy the rest of your day, relax a little bit, and breathe

Aloha,

Hans
            Last edited by hans444; March 1, 2006, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Uh-oh, now ya done it --- the Wrath of Kimozilla has been unleashed upon you. Once he picks up newbie scent, somebody gets it; but it doesn't have to be YOU. (Though it probably will be.) There's little hope for you, now, except to let it roll off; but don't poke at the lovable beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                Uh-oh, now ya done it --- the Wrath of Kimozilla has been unleashed upon you. Once he picks up newbie scent, somebody gets it; but it doesn't have to be YOU. (Though it probably will be.) There's little hope for you, now, except to let it roll off; but don't poke at the lovable beast.
                Haha! I will try to be quiet now, to not attract more attention

Comment

Hans, as noted in our FAQ, "all outside announcements and promotional material (be it for a business, non-profit community group, or private project) should be relevant to Hawaii and limited to the 'Hale Ku`ai' (Marketplace) section." To better segregate classified and commercial posts from announcements like yours, however, I've expanded the section to include an "Announcing" subforum, and moved your post there.

The "Hale Ku`ai" area is still read, and advances your cause, but it also lets our community members know that it's basically an outside announcement.

On occasion, posts on events and projects remain in topical forums, but these are usually relevant to the HawaiiThreads community, its members, or recent and ongoing conversations.

Yes, posts by newer members are more likely to be moderated this way. Like all message boards, we get our share of spam and drive-by PR blasts. As newcomers become part of the larger conversation and demonstrate that their interest in posting to HawaiiThreads expands beyond promoting a single event or project, however, skepticism fades and enforcement relaxes.

It's a difficult balance to maintain, and I appreciate your understanding. I won't delete the thread, but I can close it if you wish. (Please send me a Private Message if so.) I do think that it still provides an excellent opportunity for you to do outreach for your project.

Comment

Working...
                  X