The removal of bus stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The removal of bus stops

I used to ride the bus, even though I had a car.
    I would get a little irked when the bus would pull over every 1/8th of a mile
    on Kapiolani.

The one stop in particular that would irk me is the 2 that were on the same block less than 200 yards away. I hope that is on the removal plan.

Then I thought... gee... Maybe they are gonna remove the one in front of my place...and sure enough...they are.

My thoughts... Well at least the homeless won't set up camp there in the evenings if they take down the benches and the overhangs.

My second thought... Never needed the stop there in the first place, since I have others a block away in each direction.

Third thought... why did it take so long for this decision to be made?

Fourth thought... Frick... finally something right with the city.

Final thought... I hope it doesn't affect too many elderly who rely on those stops right if front of where they were used to... however, if any of those elderly ever rode the bus in most of the mainland cities...they would realize that Hawaii's bus system truly is pretty good.

In all fairness... I think we as "Oahu" residents have a pretty good bus system and I think we should continue to support of it.

The neighbor islands.... well, I feel for you.

Re: The removal of bus stops

I think I know what bus stops OTS will remove along kapiolani, but I'm worried about the stops on Kam Hwy in Pearl City side, because I know that 92% of the time, its empty, but sometimes the elderly sits all alone on the bench until a bus comes along and picks them up.

Probably I'll be driving well before they begin the bus stop reduction near my area, but like the OP stated: about time!

But they need to improve the express stops, because there are people still getting mad because the bus don't stop at a non-express stop.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
      I think I know what bus stops OTS will remove along kapiolani, but I'm worried about the stops on Kam Hwy in Pearl City side, because I know that 92% of the time, its empty, but sometimes the elderly sits all alone on the bench until a bus comes along and picks them up.

Probably I'll be driving well before they begin the bus stop reduction near my area, but like the OP stated: about time!

But they need to improve the express stops, because there are people still getting mad because the bus don't stop at a non-express stop.
      Doc-

that would defeat the purpose of "Express"

Comment

I suspect the ones that will be removed on Kapiolani would be the one in front of KGMB and one that borders the Blasdell and McKinley High School, those stops are rarely used.

Comment

Yes, Oahu has a great bus system. It`s true there`s too many stops along Kapiolani Blvd. I hope the City takes into consideration the longer routes, Waipahu, Waianae, Wahiawa, Makaha routes.
          Maui`s Bus system is fairly decent, coveing the West, South and Central Locations. But by far not even close to (THE BUS).

OGGBOY
          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Here is a link that sort of takes you to the section on TheBus's web site about the removal of stops on Kapiolani Blvd that starts on April 5, 2006 (Wednesday).

Comment

So far as I can tell from that link Helen provided, none of the stops I regularly use will be affected, and I'll welcome the reductions along Kapiolani Blvd.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                but I'm worried about the stops on Kam Hwy in Pearl City side, because I know that 92% of the time, its empty,
                It might be a while. From what I read last month, after Kapiolani they are going to deal with King/Beretania.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                  It might be a while. From what I read last month, after Kapiolani they are going to deal with King/Beretania.
                  Atleast they're finally doing something about the abundance of bus stops. I get car sick by riding the normal buses; too many stops.

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                  Doc-

that would defeat the purpose of "Express"
                  Tell that to the people who think that all of the buses are the same.

Some people think that since the regular buses has the high capacity buses like the Expresses (atleast the A and C) then they stop at the normal stops, and when they don't, that's when they go all bonkers, thinking that its their car.

Comment

what pisses me off!?

The removal of bus stops!

eh. what's a bus stop?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                      eh. what's a bus stop?
                      I prefer ...

buss stop!

Comment

wanna see the biggest misuse of the word "express"? try riding the city express A through kam hwy. it makes so many stops and takes forever just to get to nimitz. now the country express C, now there's an express! that thing gets from kalihi to kapolei in 24 minutes in the morning by hopping on the freeway by dillingham and not getting off until ft barrette rd. i love that bus.....

Comment

Originally posted by p0id0g
                          wanna see the biggest misuse of the word "express"? try riding the city express A through kam hwy. it makes so many stops and takes forever just to get to nimitz. now the country express C, now there's an express! that thing gets from kalihi to kapolei in 24 minutes in the morning by hopping on the freeway by dillingham and not getting off until ft barrette rd. i love that bus.....
                          I know.

But there's already a waipahu bus that goes via the free, its Route 43.

Not much people go from the waipahu transit center to Ala Moana side (probably a few fellow heald students) but the rest of the students go to UH.

However, if OTS makes another bus route, they better analyze the ridership and need for it or else it'd be like the Route E project.

Comment

Working...
                          X