Boston Harbor on approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Harbor on approach

This is Boston Harbor on approach and was taken on the day I flew into Boston from Florida last month (I was in Orlando for a week of golf!) It looks warm but believe me it was in the 20's that day and soooo cold! I didn't wanna leave Orlando's warm 70's!

Last edited by EastCoastTropics; March 3, 2006, 03:57 PM.
    Lovena

Re: Boston Harbor on approach

Ahhh, flying over Boston Harbor. Every time I ever flew over it, the water never looked that blue! It always looked gray and icky. Is JetBlue a good airline? If I ever have to fly back to the East Coast, I'd like to give them a try.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Why on earth would they put the company's website address on the engine nacelle? Who's gonna read it there? Aliens? Migrating birds?
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister

Why on earth would they put the company's website address on the engine nacelle? Who's gonna read it there? Aliens? Migrating birds?
        Picture-taking tourists who go home and post them on the web for the world to see. They just gained Miulang as a future customer.

Comment

Hey, it's better than, "This engine brought to you by Pepsi Blue!"

It's inevitable.

So someone noticed how often airplane wings and engines appear in personal photos. The audience seems small (only a small number of passengers have them in their line of sight, and you'd think only a few of those folks post their photos publicly)... yet I feel as if I see just as many "photos out airplane windows" with them than without.

Comment

Glad you like the photo Miulang! Our departure and arrival flights were both late. But we did depart on the day that a Nor'eastern was expected.....we almost got our flight cancelled that evening! As for our return flight....it arrived late in Orlando from NY but the pilot was able to make it up and still got us into Boston in time and in 2.5 hours! Couldn't beat the price....$39 to Orlando and $100 for the return flight.

Sorry about the Jet Blue website URL on the engine! Hubby and I choose the seats as another fellow golfer with us had seats behind us. Didn't know that the URL would be on the engine!
            Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics
              Sorry about the Jet Blue website URL on the engine! Hubby and I choose the seats as another fellow golfer with us had seats behind us. Didn't know that the URL would be on the engine!
              I wasn't objecting to the URL, just wondering what marketing purpose it served in that location on the plane. I can see it now: on the tail right below the numerical ID, there'll be URLs for the carrier, the manufacturer, the unions, the food service (well, no, maybe not the food service)...
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

haha nice pic, that could definetly be a Jet Blue Commercial!
                Orchid Forum

Summer Gardening

Hawaii really is Paradise!!

Benefits of Wheatgass

Comment

Boston Harbor is comprised of a number of islands. It looks like the two shown just below this approach are GEORGES ISLAND & LOVELLS ISLAND.

Each island is accessible by ferry or tour boat, with various points of interests such as parks, swimming areas, historical landmarks and walking paths.

As for the URL, you think the engine on the other wing has www.Pratt-Whitney.com or www.GE.com on it?
                  Last edited by Pomai; May 3, 2006, 07:55 PM.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                  X